Thread: 65 Twin Reverb RI problem--HELP!

Forum Member

65 Twin Reverb RI problem--HELP!

Hello everyone-

I just bought a 65 TRRI off someone on eBay and was pretty disappointed when I first fired it up. It is cosmetically near mint but it has made some funky noises and a couple features don't work so well.

When I first turned it on, there was a quiet (but very audible) crackle that cut in and out rather randomly. This was with no instrument plugged into the amp. More puzzling is the footswitch, however. Pressing the "reverb" button does nothing, and while the "vibrato" button works, it makes a LOUD popping noise, kinda sounds like a capacitor being discharged or something. I've pressed the "vibrato" switch a few times and one of those times, the "pop" was accompanied by a decrease in the volume of the amp and the aforementioned "crackle" disappearing.

I want so badly to believe that the problem is with the footswitch, but I have no idea what is happening at this point. I'm taking the pedal in to a music store to test it out on another TRRI, but in the meantime, has anyone experienced a problem like this?

Thanks!

~Jordan

You have tube and capacitor issues.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Forum Member
    haha.. Sounds familar.. I just bought a TRRI from ebay.. and had the same problems.. see my thread.. Amp is in the shop right now.. Check the tubes to make sure none of them are loose.. Make sure all your power tubes are glowing..

http://www.thefenderforum.com/forum/...&threadid=8534