Thread: pick up selection

Forum Member

pick up selection

I'm curious as to what kind of pick ups to add to my standard tele. I play rhythm and would like to upgrade. I play southern rock and country music. Is it possible to get a somewhat acoustic tone from a pick up? help.

Forum Member
    The American Deluxe Power Tele model has the Fishman power bridge, might be what you want: http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno...fil=sologuitar

Acousti-cize your Tele®!

For Tele®-style guitars. Chrome. Ultra-sensitive built-in saddle transducers sense the natural acoustic vibrations of a solidbody guitar, giving an authentic acoustic sound to the instrument. A supplied stereo output jack allows independent use of the saddle pickups or a blending with the guitar's regular pickups. All installation materials and instructions are included.

Features:

Replacement bridge for Tele®-style guitars
    Built-in piezo pickup
    Stereo output jack

Forum Member
    Last edited by weelie; 02-18-2004 at 02:41 AM.

Forum Member
    Another alternative might be some sort of tele-sized P90, like the Fralin steel pole or Harmonic Designs super 90. I've always thought that when played clean (and 500k pots) P90s have a very acoustic-y tone. Very warm and full, but with plenty of air and sparkle. They aren't very focused at all like normal fender single coils (where you get the twang), but are very broad and full.