Thread: 68 fender tele

Forum Member

68 fender tele

I was just wondering how much a 1968 fender tele blond with maple neck excellent condition all orginal no solder joints touched no extra routes never refreted never painted nothing changed ect. with orginal case ??

Floyd
    Last edited by floyd; 01-31-2004 at 02:13 PM.

Are you asking what it's worth?

If so, I've seen guitars like that sell in the $2000 to $2800 range.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Forum Member
    does anyone think it would be a good investment too pick one up for around 2500 ish ... its got 3-4 small indent like chips very little crazing of the finish otherwise absolutely mint

Old Tele man

re: "six of one, half-dozen of t'other"

if you're buying for investment and counting on its value to appreciate, then get it! But don't plan on ever playing it!

but, if you're buying it to play because it's already been "aged" and "mellowed" by time, there are plenty other "fish" in the sea. $2500 is a lot of money for a used guitar when you can get a custom guitar exactly the way you want it for about the same price.

Forum Member
    I would be buying it too play but just lightly in my home studio .. it plays like butter ... the reason I think I can afford it is I have some money away in bonds and such and there making such a low % that I thought I might as well buy somehting like this and enjoy a guitar instead of having my money locked away in a bond and also curiosity too see which would do better in the end

thanks for the help

FLoyd

Forum Member
    Originally posted by floyd
    I would be buying it too play but just lightly in my home studio .. it plays like butter ... the reason I think I can afford it is I have some money away in bonds and such and there making such a low % that I thought I might as well buy somehting like this and enjoy a guitar instead of having my money locked away in a bond and also curiosity too see which would do better in the end

thanks for the help

FLoyd
    In your shoes, I'd buy it in a heart beat. It'll give you much pleasure for $2500 and it is guaranteed to hold its value.

Playing a 68 Swamp Ash Tele right now...and what a pleasure it has been. Under 6 lbs. and just sings. It would go for just under 3G's.??, OHSC.

I would definitely get it. If it plays that good and its a '68, $2500 seems fair to me. Good luck