Thread: Vintage Fender Case Copyists ?

Forum Member

Vintage Fender Case Copyists ?

I have a 63 Tele with a non-original case.

I'm sure it's not a Fender case although it's a good effort at a copy and a Strat or Tele fits it perfectly.

It's made out of plywood and is slightly smaller than the reissue tweed cases and is covered in a tweedlook vinyl with white piping and leatherette trim. The inside was originally pink velvet but was totally worn out and ripped so I replaced it.

I'm curious to know who might have been making these, as I'm sure it's a similar age to the guitar.

I have heard that Fenders were often exported to the UK (which is where I live ) without cases to save weight and were cased on arrival by the likes of Selmer and other companies.

Can anyone shed any light here please?

Some of these cases were made, and perhaps still are by a company called Victoria Luggage. The Tweed Fender case with the chrome "Fender" script on the front, brown vinyl ends, and white piping is a great case. Nothing at all to be ashamed of. It has superior protection, great looks, and adds to the re-sale of the guitar, feven if not classified OHSC.