Thread: Purported "early" Esquire neck on evil-bay UK

Purported "early" Esquire neck on evil-bay UK

I hold my hands up and I submit that I have no knowledge of those at all, apart from the rarity,so,if you'ld like a look to see if it's real or not,or if you want it then here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&category=2384

Nice specs on it,although my £50 won't go far toward it.
                                                      99% Pure Dumbass. 2% stupid.

Looks like there's more. If you check the seller's other auctions, he has a '52 Tele/Esquire body, bridge pickup, bridgeplate, saddles, tuners, volume/tone knobs, neckplate, strap buttons and switch tip.
    i bet this really annoy's you if your a grammar freak.

Yep, I saw those,so i guess that's a good sign. I just posted this cause they're rare and I'm not entirely sure about the TG signature etc.

Cheers.

It's kind of a shame though...if the Esquire is a genuine vintage 50s Fender, then some guy has taken it apart and is selling the bits

I wonder if the buyer will buy all the parts and put it together again...in fact, I wonder how much it'd cost to buy all the bits...

I just put all the current prices together and added 'em up. Currently, all the parts would cost about £800, not including shipping/postage.

Quite a while left on the auctrion though, so I guess it could go up. Still, could be worth keeping an eye on.

Man, I wish I could afford it...;)

Poor_13

Me too, even though the price isn't that bad ,but, i'm too scatterbraindead to bid on all those bits - imagine the wonders it could do for your ebay rating if you could win them all though!:)

It seems to be a shame all round to take even a good fake apart,shouldn't a "realistic" Esquire go for something nearer 2 grand?

It seems to be a shame all round to take even a good fake apart,shouldn't a "realistic" Esquire go for something nearer 2 grand?
    Cheapest Esquire I've seen was in a music shop in York, about 40 miles North of me. It had a maple neck, black pickguard and candy apple red body. I'm pretty sure it was fake, because the decal was a weird design...sort of a mix between a MIJ 80s Esquire and an American Series Tele. Even the shop owner said he had no idea where it came from, and that it was being sold "as-is". That was going for £350.

I decided not to buy it, and a few days later another Yorkshire FDP'er posted asking about a red Esquire that he'd just bought. Small world, eh? ;)

Forum Member
    if I ever met that guy I would punch him out