Thread: 2x12 Extension cab with twin reverb

2x12 Extension cab with twin reverb

Anybody running a 2x12 ext cab with their twin reverbs and if so how do 4x12's sound from it?
    52 AVRI Telecaster, PRS Soapbar II, 65' Twin Reverb Re-Issue, Vox AC30CC2, MIA Hardtail Standard

Re: 2x12 Extension cab with twin reverb

I used to run a 2x12 open back extension with mine. I was in a two guitar band and the extension cab was placed on the opposite side of the stage, so the other guitar player could hear me. Never used a 4x12 with it. Never needed to push that much air with a Twin. It got plenty loud with the built in speakers.

Forum Member

I've got an old MusicMan 212 RH bass cab. that I've used on occaision with my Twin Reverb. It's a big, full sound. It sounds great with my Champ too.
    Keep your feet warm, your strings clean, and your powder dry.

The band that I am in currenty is gonna start playing out on a regular basis I was thinking about running a 2x12 cab on the other sideof the stage kinda like was mentioned I was just wondering anyones thoughts on it using one with a twin. I know its gonna be plenty loud as is.
    52 AVRI Telecaster, PRS Soapbar II, 65' Twin Reverb Re-Issue, Vox AC30CC2, MIA Hardtail Standard

We used 2x12 cabs due to space constraints and just sat our own amps on top of each other's extension cabs. One thing we did, which was a big help, was to put speaker L-Pads in the extension cabinets for volume controls. This way, each of us could control the volume of the other guy on our side of the stage. We also sat the speakers/amps on milk crates, to get them off the floor/stage.

We got a lot of compliments on our sound and when I sat out for a couple songs and a friend sat in, the mix was good and it did sound very nice. Hope this helps.

Steve Kudlow used 3 Fender Twins sitting atop of 3 2-15" Dual Showman cabs with JBLd130F speakers. Check out this tone !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFdtPAlzO0