Thread: Guitar Rig 4

Forum Member

Guitar Rig 4

Hey, here's a little bit of advice from personal experience:

Do NOT try out demos for software you can't afford.

Dang.
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Re: Guitar Rig 4

I got to try out reason. And not just the way it comes, we're talking all the professional plugins and the m-audio midi controllers and the whole set up.

Im in the same boat as you though lol.
    Mitch Mitchell talking about Jimi and strats in general.
    If the walrus is Paul then who is Carmen Sandiego?

i just bought logic studio which has all the guitar rig stuff. i need to get an interface so i can actually fiddle with it all. but the demos sounded pretty damn good.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Forum Member

It's crazy. There's a Sultans of Swing preset that, if you have a Strat and set it to middle+neck, sounds exactly like the song and many other tracks on Dire Straits' self-titled album. Even with my Deluxe Player's Strat with Vintage Noiseless pups, it sounded dead on...not that I can play like Knopfler, but when I tried some Knopfler-esque licks, they sounded just like early Dire Straits.

Apparently there's a basic version that just costs $99, but I don't know which amps and effects they leave out. I'd have to do some research.

For a PC interface, I've got a Lexicon Lambda that works well. Has two input channels that can be 1 guitar and 1 mic, two mics, two lines in, etc. Has inserts and optional phantom power for both mic inputs, all USB powered.
    Last edited by elicross; 12-12-2009 at 12:56 AM.
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

I have the recently released Propellerhead Record and it's pretty impressive. However I haven't spent a whole lot of quality time with it but it is packed with nice features for recording and has the Line 6 POD integrated into it too. For my interface I use a Presonus Firebox. It's a great interface and zero latency! Even when playing back 16 or more tracks and recording.

You can use the demo pretty well as full version: as it is good for 1/2 hour playing at a time and will print to track without any added sounds or dropouts as many other demos have. Not being able to save presets is a minor incvenience.