Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Gibsons

Re: My Gibsons

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I've been tempted by those SG Classics. The P-90s, neck shape, fret size- all perfect for me. The price is even good!
    Yes. GC and MF.com charge $999 but you can find them minty used for $700. $700 is the magic ebay number....they all end up at about $700. I've wanted one of these for a long time and I found mine on ebay for $700 buy it now with free shipping. I went for it and the guitar was beautiful when the box arrived. It had the furry Gibson bag but I bought the generic (cheap) MF.com SG hard case for $45.

This is an affordable Gibson that is a lot of fun. I can turn my Princeton Reissue up to 5 without any OD pedal and nail a classic Who tone. I've had a PRS Soapbar SE and an Eastwood P-90 Special and two of the Tele Squier Custom II's and nothing compares to a Gibson P-90. I had a Melody Maker Reissue with the single P-90 and I sold it....I wanted two P-90's on the guitar.

I'm digging it.

John
    Carry On!

John

I played one at GC yesterday and have played them in the past. I like the sound and the neck a lot.

I've always been on the fence about them because I have a PRS SE Soapbar II with Fralin P-90s that sounds and feels great (better than the SG in some ways, not as good in others).

I had a 2001 Jr with a single P-90 and it killed! It was very raunchy! It's the only guitar that I miss!
    Last edited by Don; 09-08-2009 at 08:13 AM.

I don't have too many Gibsons, and don't have any "group shots" of them all together, but here are the bulk of them.

1976 Les Paul Custom

2007 Les Paul Jr.

1975 Les Paul Deluxe

2005 ES-335

2009 SG

2007 Les Paul Standard (R9)

Missing from these pictures is the 2009 ES-339 in Red.