Thread: MIDI can kiss my......

MIDI can kiss my......

Sorry I have been gone for a month or so everyone, had to move, and work has had me tied to the rail....

BUT, I do have a total noob question, because I don't know crap about MIDI.

I am trying to run my old Casiotone CT-640 keyboard into my E-MU 0404 USB/MIDI interface into a variety of software (Audition, Cubase LE, Sonar, Proteus VX....) and I am stumped. My audio interface is showing that it is receiving a MIDI signal from the keyboard but none of the software is seeing anything.

I am sure I am just overlooking something, because I have no earthly idea what I am doing when it comes to MIDI.....

Any advice?
    "What would rock and roll be without feedback?" - David Gilmour

"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." - Richard Ashcroft

Re: MIDI can kiss my......

double check the midi channel input in your software. i always hated working with midi when i used to work in studios. it always seemed like i could do it faster the "old school" way. best of luck buddy, i'm sure someone else here will have a more detailed answer for ya.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Hope this helps:

alright......so to make sure that I had something new and current and updated, I bought the EMU Xboard 25 midi controller. It came with a bunch of Proteus X LE samples, drums, keys, organs, everything.....freaking great.

Now here is my dilemna.....I am getting audio from Proteus X when I use the software mini keyboard....but I am getting no sound at all when I try to use the midi controller keyboard....

I have absolutely no clue what the hell i am doing with this stuff.....but dangit, I need to learn

"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." - Richard Ashcroft

Electronic Musicians Forum?
    Some butts over there, but I'm sure they have some answers.

I gave up on midi.
    I have a kick-butt synth, but program everything internally and analog everything else outboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    Electronic Musicians Forum?
    Some butts over there, but I'm sure they have some answers.

I gave up on midi.
    I have a kick-butt synth, but program everything internally and analog everything else outboard.
    by pure accident and the grace of the Almighty, I figured it out tonight.....I am now rocking out with some damn fine B3 sounds, piano, drums, rain sticks and the works.....

Thank God.....