Thread: '74 Tele

'74 Tele

The other day, I put a parchment guard on my '74 Tele and I was surprised at the "Tuxedo effect" it gave the guitar! It pairs up beautifully with my Nashville Les Paul Jr too.

...and on the 8th day, God created the Super Reverb and there was ROCK, and it was GOOD!

Re: '74 Tele

Niceeeeeeee!

I'll bet it sounds great with that Princeton.

Look's great!

Yeah, but those compensated saddles ruin the whole look.

They are "festive" - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Just kidding, it does look nice, like the Sears Silvertone TwinTwelve taking it's rightful place at the top of the stack.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Yeah, I bought the correct bridge for it the other day, but I still need a set of original saddles. It's also got a brass nut. It's pretty nice and twangy! I've got my Baja electronics in it. I'm going to change out the S1 switch for a push/pull pot so I can use the original volume knob. The only things that won't be original will be the electronics, the nut, and the finish. The original owner sprayed black nitro over the blonde shortly after he bought it. The black looks terribly aged, but I think I'm going to leave it alone. It does sound great through the Princeton, and that is my current #1 rig. I run the Tele into a Bad Bob set at 12:00 and the Princeton with the volume at 7. I'm not using the Princeton's 10" speaker, but rather a 12" Mojo that I got from RUDutch. Eventually I'm going to build the Princeton into another pine cab that will match my Twin with the Rebel flag grill and it will have the !2" Mojo. That way I won't screw up the original cab while gigging the Princeton.

Edited to add that the Princeton is also a '74! Pretty cool, eh?
    Last edited by flintpunk; 01-08-2009 at 08:41 AM.
    ...and on the 8th day, God created the Super Reverb and there was ROCK, and it was GOOD!

Hey OSA, I didn't see your last line about the Silvertone!

Sorry...Yeah, she's a grinder! Kind of a one trick pony, but if you're looking to sound like Angus Young, jumper the channels, dime the volumes, and plug straight in! That thing is nothing but a Marshall when it comes to what's coming out the speakers. It sounds sweet for playing hard rock, but I don't really get to use it much anymore. I imagine I'll drag her out on the road again someday. Sometimes I just plug her in and shake my wife's shotglass collection off the walls!

I find that the Twin is the most versitile of my amps and will do hard or classic rock (with the proper application of Jeckyll and/or Hyde as it takes pedals very well) or country with no external help ('cept for maybe some Walon-esqu BYOC phasing or some Keeley modded AD-9 for slapback).

I haven't gigged or even played the Princeton with a band yet, but I've got a feeling that will be my go-to amp for classic rock/country situations. It's a fantastic amp at low volume and if I find a light hitting drummer for my next country band, I'll be using it for sure!

My Fender guitars sound nice through the Silvertone, but you ought to hear what that LP Jr. sounds like...Man, that P-90 will friggin' ROAR!!!. It's funny, that Jr through the Princeton will twang up some really tasty country tones (just a tad darker than the Tele or the Strat), and she'll rock out bigtime on the Silvertone! For a 1 pickup, 1 vol, 1 tone guitar, she's uber-versatile. That one's also my wife's favorite guitar.