Thread: porto leone's st. blues bluescaster IV!

porto leone's st. blues bluescaster IV!

figured i'd help a forum brother out and post some pics of his st. blues guitar. it sure does look sweet.

"don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: porto leone's st. blues bluescaster IV!

Man,that's shweeeeeeeet! Great pics too!
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Forum Member

Is that one of those Seymour Duncan 59's in the bridge? Also what color are the matching pickup covers on the single coils?

Awesome guitar!

Oh yeah, that is a beautiful guitar.
    s'all goof.

Forum Member

Sweet guitar man,I bet it has a good crunchy sound..

Forum Member

Am I drooling? Sorry 'bout that!
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. And especially for Chuck> you're really GREAT!
    Up to the point, this was a great guitar right out of the box. Perfect construction and setup, plus: Ash/quilted maple top (not a veneer) body, tinted one piece maple neck with rounded edges, 43mm bone nut (very nice shaped), one-ply cream pickguard, 500K CTS pots, OAK switch, Wilkinson tuners, steel hardtail bridge with steel saddlesand 54mm string spacing. The only small imperfection was the bobbin tape on the bridge humbucker, which was very loose and the bobbins weren't tight together, resulting in a noisy pickup. However, i contact them and they replace it immediately with a new one. Notice that i live in Greece and i had the pickup to my mail within five days. So, for answering Delae30's question, the bridge pup on the bridge is the stock Saint Blues 'bucker and the single coil covers are cream. Now about sounds: The guitar is really a strat-tele crossbreed. The humbucker on the bridge sounds very twangy, very close to a fat tele pickup. I believe it has to do with the steel bridge and the brite body woods. The two single coils are hot strat pickups... actually so hot, that they had to be replaced, since i had some ghost notes, no matter how low i put them. It's a shame, since the tone quality of those was really nice. So, i ordered a couple of Copperhead '62s (RW/RP and flat pole) which sound really great, IMHO they're one of the best choices around for getting the best from a bright strat. They match very nice the humbucker too. I've had a Vintage Vibe Guitars A5 humbucker laying around and i tried that on the bridge just for fun and i'm still not sure which one i prefer. With this guitar i can get country & rock on the bridge, great southern and classic rock on the bridge middle and any stratty sound on the other three positions. All in all i'm very happy with it.
    Sorry for the long review... and Chuck, thanks again!

no prob buddy.

i really dig the guitar, and thanks for the review.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

yes, actually it's the first made in Korea guitar that makes me happy.