Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro and a shout out to MIM owners

Re: Intro and a shout out to MIM owners

Although I now have an American Standard Strat I absolutely love and will die with, I have nothing but great things to say about the MIM Fenders. I've owned and played a MIM Nashville Deluxe Tele and a MIM Robert Cray Strat, and both were incredible -- especially the Cray.

The quality, fit 'n' finish, etc., were exceptional. I would ahve no qualms about buying a MIM Fender geeter. They offer the best bang for the buck, hands-down.

Paul
    Visit me and my band at:
    THE ROCKIN' ROAD DOGS;
    REVERB NATION;
    or on
    FACEBOOK

"Live Free or Die"

i like em all, USA/MIM/CIJ/...and other MI?'s

i think it's absurd to think that only people w/in the US border can make a quality guitar.

i sometimes bastardize my stuff, so i prob dont have any stock pics, but needless to say that i have/have had many guitars, and some MIMs are as good as ANY guitars out there.

welcome abroad...lol
    Imanidiot.

I agree that the Mexicans is just as good as any Fender! Now, when i´ve played my Baja for a couple of month, i´ll say, it´s just as good as my two MIA Fenders and the MIJ Squier silver series strat. Yes the MIJ Squier is just as good as the others, i´ll say! They are just different to each other but Fenders all of them.

OK, i´ve swaped the pups and all the rest of the electronics on the squire but anyway.....

The neck on my '96 MIM Strat is perfect. Can't say that about Am. Strat ( although it's pretty good ) I've totally replaced, over time everything on the guitar, except that neck.

BW

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by 68Bassman View Post
    The neck on my '96 MIM Strat is perfect. Can't say that about Am. Strat ( although it's pretty good ) I've totally replaced, over time everything on the guitar, except that neck.

BW
    +1

I have examples of both maple an' R/W MIM Classic Re-issues in my herd an' I cain't say enough about how impressed I am. The necks are well-finished, made of exceptional lumber, an' respond nicely to a pro luthier's tweaks an' toon-ups. Aside from the decal on the reverse side of the headstock indicating their origin, these necks are pretty authentic to me. An' the real appeal of these instruments is how easily you can pimp one out to resemble a true vintage instrument. Hell, the only original parts left on mine are the necks, the bodies, an' the pickguards.