Thread: Chorus and Wah Recommendations

Forum Member

Chorus and Wah Recommendations

I'm curious what you guys think are the best chorus and wah pedals out there.

Re: Chorus and Wah Recommendations

I'm not a great user of chorus but I do quite like my Small Clone.

Tommy.

Forum Member

i love the voodoo lab analog chorus
    "There are no bad notes, only bad resolution"...

I've tried a good number of chorus pedals and wah pedals over the years.

I can tell you my favorites but who's to say that we have similar taste in such things?

Still, you asked, so here's what I like:

Chorus - I finally settled on the Visual Sound H2O pedal. I had the first version and liked it a lot. Currently I've got the latest release. I'm very happy with it and probably won't be replacing it. The delay is really fantastic.

But you asked about chorus. What I like is: the sound quality is superb, the controls are extremely flexible - you can get a huge range of sounds from subtle to extreme, and the pedal is ruggedly built.

Wah... this seems like a very subjective thing. I've had the Crybaby in various versions, a Teese RMC1, a Fulltone Clyde, Ibanez Weeping Demon, a VOX, and probably some others I forgot about.

My current (and probable keeper) is a BYOC (Build Your Own Clone) wah that I put in the housing of a dead Crybaby. The controls allowed enough fine-tuning that I found a satisfactory sound.

If that's not your thing, my close second was the VOX 847. It was simple, made a classic wah sound, and once I modded it for true bypass, it sounded just great.

The Weeping Demon seemed somewhat lifeless to me. The RMC1 had too much boost (although that probably could have been adjusted) and the Fulltone Clyde for some reason just didn't thrill me.

There you go.

Ask me about fuzz pedals sometime. I have spent even more time and money chasing that down. I still haven't found a keeper.
    s'all goof.

Forum Member

My picks and what I'm currently using after lots of research and buying and trying.

Chorus: Maxon CS-550 ($150 Used)

Wah: Teese Wheels of Fire ($235-$245)
    Great sounding wah with clean or dirty tones, works well with LP or strats, highly versatile and VERY musical.

The footpads are white so that they "glow" on a dark stage.

You can watch demo's of these on YouTube from ProGuitarShop.