Thread: Newbie to forum - back in the Fender Fold...

Newbie to forum - back in the Fender Fold...

I just bought a new Classic Player Jazzmaster......I've been a Fender player on and off for the past 20+ years......and am glad to have one again! It was a birthday present from my Dad

Here's my story.....

I started with a Mustang in 1972 - which I traded up to an Ash Strat in 1974 - and then stupidly gave up guitar and sold the strat in 1977.

I then took a short 25 year break.....and re-started in 2001 with a MIM strat - which I shortly later upgraded with Dimarzio's. I sold it this year to buy some other cool gear.

Now - I have the following gear:

Here's the latest addition to the family...the Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster.......

It joins my Taylor Solidbody custom - still my #1 overall guitar - no contest....(sorry - but its true)..

and my Ibanez artist, my #1 rock /crunch guitar.

I'll see you guys and girls around the forum....I feel like I'm reunited with my Fender Family!

Forum Member

Re: Newbie to forum - back in the Fender Fold...

Welcome, Strongbad! Happy birthday and congrats on the new Fender. But what would your buddies in Limozeen think of you playing a Jazzmaster?!

By the way, what year is that Ibanez? I love the look of the cherry sunburst on flame, but I haven't been able to find one like that. Do they still make 'em with that finish?
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Limozeen would not like it, but Sloshy would (and they don't even care about me)

The Ibanez is a 2001 - it was discontinued in 2002 - I put in Seymour Duncans - Alnico II and Custom Custom and had coil taps installed.
    It is a Les Paul sounding crunch machine.

I stumbled on both the Ibanez and Jazzmaster by accident at Guitar Center (I was looking for the Jazzmaster on line - but GC had it on sale today).

The Taylor is an amazing guitar as well - very unique...

But - my guitars are like my kids - they are all different, and I love em all!

Welcome aboard! Nice guitars, that taylor solibody has a killer top, and your Jazzmaster is a looker too! Happy Birthday and welcome back to Fender Land!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009