Thread: Vintage guitar vs. players guitar?

Forum Member

Vintage guitar vs. players guitar?

Well, I set out to build two different guitars. My first is a ash bodied Warmoth.. I wanted this to be pretty vintage, so I kept it to stock Strat type pickups,Vinatge radius neck, vintage Klusons, a vintage style bridge and even stock vinatge appearance.
    Now, unless you happen to really just happen to love everything about a stock vintage Strat, than there may be some modern techno. appointmants in style and fuction that may serve your interests better as far as pure playabilty.
    For me, my second Strat build is going to have the modern mods to the specs of waht makes it a real players guitar for my style.
    It will have a compound radiused neck with Gibson Jumbo frets. A brass bridge with block style saddles. Looks of Start the may not be strictly vintage, with upgraded knobs and pickgaurd. The pickups will still be vintage strat reproductions though. Tuners and Nut will be upgraded.
    Thus, I will have a stock vintage and a players Strat.
    Last edited by jerryjg; 01-31-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Re: Vintage guitar vs. players guitar?

I did the same thing.
    I have my vintage strat (honey blonde nitro and rosewood) and my modern strat (jb-jr. bridge, single volume knob, am std. trem with ferraglide saddles, pearl guard, locking pearl tuners, pearl knob, black korina tobacco burst body etc.)

http://www.thebluesatemyhomework.com/R1Vintage.jpg

http://www.thebluesatemyhomework.com...rn/R2Front.JPG (old picture without some cosmetic upgrades)

"Oh, Mister D.J.,
    I keep wondering why you don't play much blues anymore
    I don't know what you got against me
    Whatever it is, I sure would like to know"

Re: Vintage guitar vs. players guitar?

if I really wanted a "player" strat, it'd have 2 single coils and a light bucker in the bridge to be a blues monster, floyd rose, roller nut, locking tuners, fat neck, switchcraft jack, and a switch to activate the bridge pickup in any switch position. And of course, sunburst ash body and maple/rosewood neck!
    Quote Originally Posted by sting7777
    tone knobs just get in the way of things like windmills and playing with your teeth upside down anyway