Thread: Anyone using & liking a treble bypass on your volume control?

Forum Member

Anyone using & liking a treble bypass on your volume control?

What affects, pro's and con's, have you found with using a treble bypass circuit? Thanks

Re: Anyone using & liking a treble bypass on your volume control?

No.

Set you amp's tone so it's nice and bright with your guitar's volume control turned down and crank the guitar's volume control when you need a boost. Turn down the guitar's tone if it gets too bright.

I also like to clean up my fuzz pedal by turning down my guitar's volume control. The treble bypass ruins the effect.

Guitars with bright caps on the volume always sound weird to me when you roll back the volume. The nice highs still fade, but nasty, spiky stuff starts to become prominent.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Forum Member

I have some Fralins in a new Grosh and they are a little harsh sounding in there attack; but I know Fralins can be this way. Lindy charges his A5 mags to 98%....so he said today. I played this same setup before I ordered mine and liked them so I spec'd the same configuration. I've heard rumors Don outs in a bypass circuit. Guess I need to look under the hood and see, I've always read about guys removing this first thing.

hmm... i rather like it on my tele, but havent yet been inclined to install on the epi dot or 70's RI strat. the epi somehow has a reasonably nice roll-off as-is (getting thin moreso than dark), and the strat is really bright, so mellowing the tone for clean stuff isnt really a negative.

the tele has been hacked with a bit by yours truly, and as such isnt representative of a "typical" tele.

it really works with the dream 90 neck pickup, which is borderline muddy at full volume. seems like ive got a cap and a resistor in parallel, but i dont remember the values. ill look if you want.

a