Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH!!

Forum Member

Re: WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH!!

Good point. If $3,200 qualifies as "buy low," what will he "sell high" it for?
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Forum Member

As defensive (and offensive) as you are, we're supposed to believe you're not either the seller or the buyer of that $3,200 amp?

You've made exactly two posts on this board, both in this thread, insulting everyone who thinks $3,200 is too much to pay for a tweed Champ and then going on at length to respond specifically to virtually every comment in the thread -- and we're supposed to believe you're just a disinterested bystander?

That's now officially the funniest thing about this thread.
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

Wow, I made the top of the list. You prove my old man was right.
    If you want to quote shit and add comments, search the HRDlx threads.
    Add this one too. I believe PT Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute. I still think you sold the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmamou View Post
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

TFF Stage Crew

Mistah Kurtz--he dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercog View Post
    Well, now this one is $2,600 with 23 minutes left.
    Go figure...

http://tinyurl.com/22qbgc
    That's 23 _hours_ left. With 20 bids, I think it's safe to assume it will end higher.

To tell you the truth, I can't see what's particularly surprising or contentious about these prices. They pale in the silliness factor in comparison with lots of "vintage" gear. What's silly to you or I might make perfect sense to, say, some engineer at google sitting on a heap of stock options who's got a whim for a piece of '50s Fender memorabilia and coolness... what's $3200 to someone like that?

And if someone... _anyone_... is willing to pay your asking price, then that _is_ the market price.

I think your collective spleen and outrage would be much more profitably directed at that guy who found one for $15 in a thrift shop...

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by elicross View Post
    Good point. If $3,200 qualifies as "buy low," what will he "sell high" it for?
    Well, if he's interested in reselling, I'll start the bidding at $15,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger View Post
    To tell you the truth, I can't see what's particularly surprising or contentious about these prices. They pale in the silliness factor in comparison with lots of "vintage" gear. What's silly to you or I might make perfect sense to, say, some engineer at google sitting on a heap of stock options who's got a whim for a piece of '50s Fender memorabilia and coolness... what's $3200 to someone like that?

And if someone... _anyone_... is willing to pay your asking price, then that _is_ the market price.

-Mark
    Yeah, technically you're right...But I consider market price to mean more the "usual going rate" than just what one individual would pay.

If ( just an example) this amp normally sold for half the price, than this guy isn't paying the market price, he's overpaying. In that case his paying that much is more "luck" on the seller's end, and "more money than sense" on the buyer's. Or "more money than patience", if he can't wait for a cheaper price elsewhere. NTTAWWT.

Problem is--as has been discussed ad nauseum, I know--Ebay can jettison the "market price" up overnight just by some yahoo overpaying, then the next yahoo thinks that that's the price he has to pay if he wants to win the next one, etc. etc.

I can't see any other way Plexi's would have more than doubled in price over the last 6-7 years.

TFF Stage Crew

Just a word of warning--be wary when you directly link to ebay auctions, especially if you directly link photos, because the seller on the thread (presumably the owner of the pics) will see if they're linked to a forum and assume they're being discussed.

It's not a violation of TFF policies or anything--no worries here--just letting you know that's how the numbnut above figured out you were discussing his sale.

He won't be back, mind you, but I'm sure at least one more new member with a coincidental instant opinion on this thread will appear.

Cybercog, I think that's what the amp in that auction was. It must have at least been recovered, and a new nameplate installed, if you check Kap'n's pic posts on the first page of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercog View Post
    Do you think there'd be interest in one without the original cabinet, but in a very nice repro cab?
    I'll give you $15 for it. Hell, make it $15 _Canadian_!

And I'll pay shipping.

-Mark

Forum Member

A friend and guitar tech offered me one at $500.00 but it has a new cab. He said no matter what they go for on eBay, he'd honor his offer, even if I just wanted to get it to sell. Pretty cool guy.

- Cy

IMHO, if it's not ALL original, it's not a collector's piece, therefore it shouldn't be anywhere near what an original sells for on Ebay. I think $500 sounds fair though, as long as it's a tweed. The BF/SF go for a little less I think.

I just bought a SF for $325, and I think that was actually a little high.