Thread: Pedal info

Pedal info

I was digging trough some old equipment on the self and came across a few pedals my father in law gave me a few years back. What do you guys know about these? Any info would be appreciated.

This works great other than it sounds a bit strange/psychedelic and the pots are a little scratchy from not being used for probably 15 years. I'm not sure if this thing is a keeper or not as I can't find much info on it. I would guess its got the sought after analogue chip in it, but the sounds I get from my AD9 fits me much better. Any info you guys have on it would be appreciated.

I'm not at all sure what this thing is and after using it not really sure why someone would want to. Though theres an application for any tool. Octave divider?

I don't think this thing works but I'm not sure what its suppose to do. Theres not much in the guts of this thing but if I had to make a guess volume pedal?
    Hell is full of musical amateurs: music is the brandy of the damned.
    George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), Man and Superman (1903) act 3
    Iron Maiden is selling out arenas all over the world as we speak! Metal is not dead. The only thing Kurt Cobain killed was himself!! (Some random Forum Guy)

Re: Pedal info

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post

I'd get it fixed here: http://www.pedaldoctor.com/ModsRepairs.html

Musitronics Octave Divider. Additional info here: http://www.mu-tron.org/list.html

Yep, Sho Bud volume pedal.
    Tone is in the fingers, eh? Let's hear your Vox, Marshall and Fender fingerings then...

Thanks for the info Hud!!! While I can infer what an octave divider does from its name and the info provided can anyone tell me a tune something like this was used on? This effect just seem a bit far out there if you know what I mean.

As for the delay would it be worth pulling the chip out of it and possibly using it in something else?
    Hell is full of musical amateurs: music is the brandy of the damned.
    George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), Man and Superman (1903) act 3
    Iron Maiden is selling out arenas all over the world as we speak! Metal is not dead. The only thing Kurt Cobain killed was himself!! (Some random Forum Guy)

Thanks for the info Hud!!! While I can infer what an octave divider does from its name and the info provided can anyone tell me a tune something like this was used on? This effect just seem a bit far out there if you know what I mean.

As for the delay would it be worth pulling the chip out of it and possibly using it in something else?
    An octave divider (in this case, and MXR Blue Box) can be found on Led Zep's Fool in the Rain solo. Be aware, if you're using low wattage speakers, an octave divider can cause premature death.

I'd get the delay fixed. There's lots of demand for analog delays these days.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks