Thread: Jack Casady Signature

Jack Casady Signature

Well, I haven't posted here much in months - playing too damn much! But in the last 4 months I have acquired a Warwick fretless and just in the last few weeks, an Epiphone Jack Casady signature model in Ebony. I'm playing in a band with ex-touring musicians here in Jacksonville who grew up being buddies with Skynrd, Molly Hatchet, 38 Special, etc. - did session work with Patrick Simmons of the Doobies and Ike Turner - and they say they've never heard a better sounding bass. I hardly ever take out the Fender Jazz anymore, sorry to say.

I heard Jack play the gold colored model last summer with Hot Tuna, and it sounded great. But music stores will never stock something like this, so I worked a deal with my local GC to special order it and allow me to get a full refund if I didn't like it. I took my own rig into their soundroom when the bass came in and played it for 2 hours. It has a very nice fast neck, the factory set up was perfect, and it sounded so good I had to take it home. The only tone it doesn't have is a decent slap tone, but I have plenty of other instruments that will do that. This thing kicks butt! Epiphone has captured Jack's sound very well, listen to Hendrix's Voodoo Chile to get an idea........

Re: Jack Casady Signature

Congratulations on your contentment, ain't it grand?

Re: Jack Casady Signature

Thanks ......yes, it really is nice to find something out there that has a "new" and better sound that people sit up and recognize. Its not a bad looking bass either