Thread: Fender Japan

Forum Member

Fender Japan

Im interested in buying a Japanese made Fender and I am having trouble finding places that sell them to the U.S. I know that the Japanese guitars are almost of the same quality of American produced Fenders, and I have liked Mustangs ever since I played a 1969 Lake Placid Blue Mustang at GC, but theres nothing in God's great and divine creation that would get me to pay $699.99 for a new "65" Mustang. I read somewhere that Fender Japan's guitars offer excellent guitars at a lower price than American's with almost the same quality and also offer many different model not availible here in the U.S. Is there anyone in the U.S. who regularly sells the Japan made guitars?

Re: Fender Japan

methinks this is usually a mail-order proposition.
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
    --Albert Einstein

House Of Guitars in Rochester, NY.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

The Fender Mustangs that you find in the stores here in the US are Fender Japan products. Fender Japan is licensed to sell their products in the Asian market, so you won't see most of their product line in US stores. Some models are occasionally imported by Fender USA such as the Mustangs, paisley and flower Teles. If you are interested in other Strat ot Tele models try Ishibashi. They will ship to the US.

Forum Member

evidently...Ishibashi`ll only ship used FJs now.
    shoganai ne

Check Ebay.

Forum Member

i really like the look of the 1969 competition 'stangs but no one sells them in GA. sucks.