Thread: DRRI + E-H Deluxe Memory Man = Squeal?

DRRI + E-H Deluxe Memory Man = Squeal?

So, I've been playing around with various combos of pedals and my lovely new DRRI. Most everything behaves nicely, esp. my Dunlop wah and my SparkleDrive.

However, I am getting a high pitched squeal resembling feedback with the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man plugged straight into the amp with no other fx in between the amp and guitar (MIM Strat). This squeal appears at both low and high volumes and doesn't seem to change pitch when I strum/pick different chords/notes. This occurs in both the normal and vibrato channels and regardless of what my settings are on the amp (vol, tone, rev, trem). It also appears regardless of the settings on the pedal. The squeal only appears when the pedal is engaged. It also occurs regardless of the setting on my guitar.

This never happened with my DeVille or my Traynor.

Could I be experiencing some sort of wierd tube microphonics in the DRRI? Or is this just a case of the amp and pedal not being compatible for some strange reason?

Thanks,

DD

LoveBandit

Re: DRRI + E-H Deluxe Memory Man = Squeal?

I had a similar experience with my DRRI last week. I tried to use a friend's SansAmp GT2 pedal/box and plug it into the front of my DRRI. The "California" and "British" switch positions sounded fine but when I switched it to "Tweed" (ironically) it would squeal and whistle like hell times 3!! The guy took the pedal back and said it works fine on his two non-Fender amps. Weird?? LB