Thread: Allen Woody Bass

Allen Woody Bass

Has anyone had a chance to try one of these? I have been looking at them on line, but have not had a chance to try one hands-on. I really am intrigued to try one - partilcularly because I like the thicker sounds you would associate with one like this.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Re: Allen Woody Bass

I've been thinking of picking up one for a studio bass. A local dealer has one for a great price. I was only able to play it briefly and did not plug it in. It felt really nice and comfortable though.
    I have an old Yamaha P-bass copy, a BB300, that I use for recording, but I'd like to have the Woody bass to replace it.
    Actually what a really want is a Rick. About 30 years ago I played bass in a band for a short while and I had a Rick. I loved the tone of the neck pickup for higher register lines.

I was curious about this model, and have heard one out, but never got to see/touch/feel/play one.....I really like the sound......

I like what I have read, but would really like to check one, before getting all gassy........ok.....gasssier

how much is "a great price"? I know what they typically run on line....
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

It's on my short list. There's a used one near me, but it's got a little mileage on it. It feels good, and I'll bet that with good strings, it will sound great. The only issue I've heard about them is the mounting poles for the bridge sometimes creep out. I'm debating on the one I found. Going price seems to be about $400.
    Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery