Thread: FM 65R reverb???

Forum Member

FM 65R reverb???

I've been using my fm 65r for about two years now with very few issues except one. The onboard spring reverb never has worked well for me. If I turn it above 1 or 2 and dont play anything for a few seconds, a loud ringing noise starts sounding and doesnt go away until I turn the reverb all the way down. Ive managed to survive by useing effects pedals for reverb, but am really disappointed that I need to used a pedal every time I want an effect that should be built into the amp. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this ringing sound that occurs?

Re: FM 65R reverb???

You should have taken it back immediately. They probably would have given you a new one, no questions asked, waited until you were out of site, and then throw your old amp out the back door on the pile of disposible $100. guitars with warped necks/$200. imported amps that have intermittent problems. That is not to say your amp does not sound good, but they usually don't waste time servicing those things. Cheaper for them to exchange for a new one.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash