Thread: Jensen Reissue Speaker opinions?

Forum Member

Jensen Reissue Speaker opinions?

Just wondering what the general opinion of them is? I'm thinking about a P10Q or two for my 2x10 combo. I had a Weber 10F125 in another amp and thought it was a little too bright and smooth. Also the amp is more than loud enough for my uses so using a slightly less efficient (loud) speaker would help tame it along with that alnico compression.
    So how do they compare?

Re: Jensen Reissue Speaker opinions?

I have a recent C10Q in my '68 Princeton Reverb that I've really come to love.

It took a long time to break in though. The speaker was too tight and brittle sounding when I bought it but cheap enough (I bought it second hand but unused) to take a chance on.

It sounds a lot better than the stock speaker. A lot more alive and vibrant.

I should do a head to head comparison with it and the original Jensens in my '66 Vibrolux Reverb, but both amps are working well and I don't want to mess with them.

Forum Member

I have a pair of recent Jensen P10Q speakers in one of my 2x10 combos -- a tweed Super built from a kit. I've tried several different speakers in this amp, including a combination of a P10Q (which is alnico) and a ceramic Allen 10". That was an excellent combination, particularly if you like it a little on the loud side. But if you want it less loud, while still getting the breakup of an overdriven amp, a pair of these P10Qs work nicely. That is precisely why I went with two of them, after having used the alnico/ceramic combination.

Forum Member

Thanks guys for the great info. Sounds like a speaker to try for sure.
    I have a Weber 10V I'm going to exchange probably for an alnico Silver 10 and try mixing that with the Jensen.
    Thanks again
    John

I have the P10R's in the super reverb and the C12K's in the 65 twin reverb reissue, I have had both amps for about 3 years, and I love the sound of both amps. I really like the jensen's.