Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Something we might not guess about you...

Re: Something we might not guess about you...

I used to work at a grocery store, and one night, when I was still in high school, they needed help with the overnight stock crew so I volunteered. The next day was our last day of class, just show up say hi and leave....

about 3 a.m. I hit the wall, with about 4 and a half hours to go. Someone handed me a BIG bottle of IBC rootbeer, two "yellow jackets", and a tub of that cream cheese cake icing. I had so much sugar and caffeine in my system, I didn't sleep for a day or so.

That morning I went to school, went to our final yearbook staff meeting where we picked the theme for our next edition (which would be my senior edition).....i just laid in the floor, delirious and kept offering "how about the long and winding road" followed by a nervous caffeine induced chuckle......

I said that probably 10 times before someone told me to go to sleep.......which of course I couldn't

thank God I was still running track and cross country, burned the calories off from that icing during my next practice (during summer, we were doing 5, 6, and 7 mile runs)....

to this day when I eat a piece of cake with cream cheese icing, I get a little jolt of twitchiness...
    "What would rock and roll be without feedback?" - David Gilmour

"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." - Richard Ashcroft

In the first grade, when I was standing and reading from the lesson at hand, I pissed my pants.

I kept reading.

Teacher said
    "Go Home, clean up, and change clothes."

I said

"Do I have to come back?"

yeah.....I had to go back......................
    If you leave the house, you're just asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie
    In the first grade, when I was standing and reading from the lesson at hand, I pissed my pants.

I kept reading.

Teacher said
    "Go Home, clean up, and change clothes."

I said

"Do I have to come back?"

yeah.....I had to go back......................

Hahaha.... sorry, Not laughin at you... I promise...
    "Fool me once, shame on..... shame on me... fool me twice... shame on ... shame on... IF YOU GET FOOLED ONCE YOU CAN'T GET FOOLED AGAIN".-Our Good bud George W.

Yeah...right...I think I remember you being there.....I shit my pants in the 4th grade, too, but that's a whole 'nother thread.
    Last edited by moonpie; 06-01-2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add the smilie
    If you leave the house, you're just asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by clayville
    the one that looks like the Fires of Mount Doom in my avatar across the hall.

I'm on the first, non-extended version DVD, too.

where on that DVD are you? was just watching it last nite... (obviously the "making of" bits...

Quote Originally Posted by clayville
    the one that looks like the Fires of Mount Doom in my avatar across the hall.

I'm on the first, non-extended version DVD, too.

where on that DVD are you? was just watching it last nite... (obviously the "making of" bits...)

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42
    where on that DVD are you? was just watching it last nite... (obviously the "making of" bits...)
    Well... there are so many versions now I'm not surprised you missed it! I was on the very first DVD of Fellowship released (the shorter non-extended version with minimal behind-the-scenes bells and whistles) -- for about 15 seconds. It had a segment on Tolkien and the publishing history. Anyway... long before I'd seen any footage from the films at all, and was still quite nervous PJ might ultimately fail and ruin the book's reputation a film crew came to my office and tried real hard to get me to say I loved something, anything about it. One of the few things I really had seen were some test shots of Rivendell, and with Alan Lee on board and the way it looked... the cultural detail on every surface, how much it looked like JRRT's own paintings... I was comfortable talking about that. This is all that survived of a four hour grilling under the hot lights:
    http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/...ips/Clip_5.mpg

A face made for radio, that maybe 15 million people saw!

I cooked dinner for Dick Cheney, raced bicycles with Ned Overend and John Tomac, took a piss with Rick Derringer, drove a truck across the 4th richest man in the USA's lawn then had dinner with his wife and kids and pulled a man from a burning building.
    That was on Tuesday...
    "Live long and prosper."
    http://www.soundclick.com/spudman

Thats fantastic!

I once went to school in the 1st grade in my fruit of the looms underwear, socks and a t-shirt and sat in my desk before I realized what was going on. Walked out of school and all the waay home.
    The telephone kept ringing and then the cops showed up, pounded on the door and shouted at me to open the door and "come on out" through their pa system on the car, as I hid under mom and dads bed w/our white terrier mix "Bosko". After awhile they left and then everyone else came home like normal at the end of the day and not a word was ever said about it.
    I dont think they ever found out about that day???
    (true story)

Oh, and I stopped eating the mushrooms that I found on the waay to school too..
    " Surfing The Eclipse Wave "

Tourin the southland in a travelin minstrel show...

When I start playing my guitar I just can't stop! (sounds like a lyric in a song). I mean it. If I pick her up past 9:30 p.m. I don't put her down and go to sleep until after 1:00 a.m.

I have an art degree and work in a police department. No...I'm not a sketch artist...
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

I like to travel.

I have had many jobs: Truck driver, window washer in NYC (yikes!)
    Roadie, Sandwich maker, Estimator, Sales Manager, Territory Manager, Guitar Player.

I threw my wife out because she was a jerk.
    I ride a bike to work everyday.
    I can be extremly lucky sometimes. I was almost killed at least twice and survived. I have won the lottery, but not big (yet)

I love to buy guitars and use them.

I have been a Medieval Swordfighting Instructor for 10 years

(No, I am not making this up! I teach historically accurate courses in the Scottish Broadsword and German Longsword)

I teach Arthurian Literature.

I've coached an archer to win two International championships with the English Longbow (3 US records and 3 world records as well!)

I've made 15 full suits of Medieval Armor myself.

I've fought tens of thousands of sword duels

I am a total badass with a sword (so I've been told) and a very sweet, loving guy.

I have a college degee in Sound Engineering

And after 25 years, playing guitar is still my favorite thing to do.

I was once run over by a car full of high school students and walked away from it without any injuries.
    VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

I have been a Medieval Swordfighting Instructor for 10 years (No, I am not making this up! I teach historically accurate courses in the Scottish Broadsword and German Longsword)

I teach Arthurian Literature.

I've coached an archer to win two International championships with the English Longbow (3 US records and 3 world records as well!)

I've made 15 full suits of Medieval Armor myself.

I've fought tens of thousands of sword duels

I am a total badass with a sword (so I've been told) and a very sweet, loving guy.

I have a college degee in Sound Engineering

And after 25 years, playing guitar is still my favorite thing to do.
    Now THAT is COOL...
    " Surfing The Eclipse Wave "

Thanks Mitchell. I really love what I do.