Thread: Mustang pickup swap

Mustang pickup swap

Hey guys ive just purchased a mustang reissue and i knew buying it that the bridge pick up would be a little on the high end but i really wanted it for its clean tone with the neck pickup anyway i need to find a pickup for the bridge that will give me a more well rounded hotter sound ive been looking at some seymour duncan jaguar replacements and i was wondering if these pickups would work with the mustang and also if anyone else has replaced the bridge pickup with something other then a duncan to get a more well rounded hotter output thanks

Re: Mustang pickup swap

Quote Originally Posted by londongabriel
    Hey guys ive just purchased a mustang reissue.

i knew buying it that the bridge pick up would be a little on the high end but i really wanted it for its clean tone with the neck pickup.

anyway i need to find a pickup for the bridge that will give me a more well rounded hotter sound.

ive been looking at some seymour duncan jaguar replacements and i was wondering a) if these pickups would work with the mustang,

also b) if anyone else has replaced the bridge pickup with something other then a duncan to get a more well rounded hotter output.

thanks
    I had to manually break up this sentence so I could understand what the hell you were actually asking here.

Sorry, don't know about the Mustangs pup replacement. But punctuation is your friend, particularly if you want to people to answer your questions on an internet forum. Really!

-Mark

hah awesome, old dudes!!!! hey thanks is that texas special a little noisy...? my brother use to play an old strat with those in it (i think) and if memory serves me right i remember them being a tad noisy but doesnt fender issue a "noiseless" set of those and if so are they really "noiseless"

(sorry about the puncuation i think there is a serious difference in our generations puncuation use you growing up with people who force fed it down your throat me on the other hand being a caffiene induced college student who most likely talks like the way he types haha but its all good my friend)

as long as you're guitar is properly grounded then it shouldn't be noisy. but then again, i've never had the need for noiseless. the buzz has never bothered me.

i bet the jag pups would fit.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Quote Originally Posted by fezz parka
    And Plugger's just plain picky, so ignore him.
    I'm not _picky_, I'm _pedantic_. There's a very subtle but enormously important difference.

-Mark

Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger
    I'm not _picky_, I'm _pedantic_. There's a very subtle but enormously important difference.

-Mark

FInally, a statement that contains it's own proof!

Although it does raise questions that can't be be proven within the confines of the system..... damn you, Kurt Gödel!

stop using big words I don't understand
    Thank you
    do I look like I know what I'm doing?

LG -

Fezz's suggestion of a GFS Lil' killer may be the thing; I just replaced the bridge pup in my strat plus (stock was 3 gold lace sensors) with one of those, and am very happy with the sound. I got the 10K version, and it's got balls.

It looks a little goofy, but I have come to love this strat for it's goofiness. YMMV, etc...

I'll post a pic later this evening.

Seymour Duncan JB Jr. or Lil '59's work great in the bridge of a Mustang.