Thread: Jagmaster WTH!

Forum Member

Jagmaster WTH!

What's your opinion on these Chinese made gutiars? I played one and it had a beautiful sunburst alder body and I was impressed with the pickups.

Any thoughts??

Re: Jagmaster WTH!

i have a sunburst jagmaster II mic. got new last year from MF. it has 24" scale neck that adds to ease of playing, pups are SD "designed" moderate output and look kinda cheap but sound fine for my purposes. they are smooth & creamy sounding clean and distorted. a few of the frets are messed up, but have not fallen out yet ..no buzzing though. i took the pickguard off recently to do some shielding and fix a ground that broke and the cavity channel for the pots and wiring is huge. you could add all sorts of pots and switches with out any extra routing. i have not had a problem with except the grd broke on the output and having to doing some shielding to knock off all the static.

what does WTH mean?

Forum Member

What the hell? Instead of WTF

I was looking for an inexpensive humbucker guitar and played a nice neck through Squire Tele Thin line then seen the Jagstang and played it and thought it sounded much better.

I wasn't aware of the 24" scale so I'll have to go back and check it out more closely. It played really great and I thought the pickups sounded really good compared to most of the other inexpensive guitars.

The sunburst was to die for..does the trem work well or stay intune at all. This one had the trem right down on the body with no air under the plate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tuberattler
    What the hell? Instead of WTF

I was looking for an inexpensive humbucker guitar and played a nice neck through Squire Tele Thin line then seen the Jagstang and played it and thought it sounded much better.

I wasn't aware of the 24" scale so I'll have to go back and check it out more closely. It played really great and I thought the pickups sounded really good compared to most of the other inexpensive guitars.

The sunburst was to die for..does the trem work well or stay intune at all. This one had the trem right down on the body with no air under the plate at all.

the tremelo is okay no issues noticed here. mine is set down low too. i don't use it at all, so i dont know if it will stay in tune when you got your whammy on. but i have always had to tune it up a little when i first pick it up. 24" scale is kinda tricky to tune i think. still, i really like mine, it sounds good and looks cool. i have not played my jagmaster a lot lately as i got a lite ash strat that i like too. my first strat. the tremelo on my lite ash strat does suck, and i just finally locked it down. the jag's tremelo is more vintage style so it is not as floatable i believe like my strat or amer strats. another lower end humbucker guitar that i recently tried that i liked was a PRS SE custom or SE Santana. Very excellent necks at least on the ones i tried, and pups sounded good too i thought.

Formerly Big Daddy O Strat-Daddy's Avatar

I've had my sunburst for a couple years now, and tend to pick it up more than my Strats or Tele, lately. My trem is also set on the body, as it is on my Strats, and it gives me really good resonance. I am seriously thinking of putting a set of Fender Vintage Saddles on it also.
    The pickups sound good out of my Princeton, but sounds great coming out of my son's Marshall stack.
    Although I love my Strats (1MIA, 1MIM, & 1MII), it is my favorite.
    Strat-Daddy