Thread: 59 reissue in the neck

59 reissue in the neck

I switched out my Hss pickguard for a HH configuration. Screamin Demon in the bridge and a 59 reissue at the neck. I loved the 59 in another guitar, but in a strat it sounds downright muddy and flabby. I'm playing .10's through a 2x12 DeVille. The Demon is sweet though!

Q: Anyone else use a 59 in the neck? Any tricks of the trade? Would a JB be a better choice? Other suggestions for a full size H in the neck?

Cheers, Nick

Re: 59 reissue in the neck

A JB might be a bit hot in the neck.........I'm using a '59 in the neck with a JB in the bridge,good match.Maybe pull out some low end on your amp.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Re: 59 reissue in the neck

If you like more clarity than the 59, try the Duncan Jazz. Is much more highend, sweet sounding and articulate, and not only (as the name might mislead) for clean sounds.
    Lots of recommendations for Humbuckers in neck position for strats are in the websites of Duncan and DiMarzio.
    Another, really tough and bold move could be the Gibson Burstbucker V #2. BB sound in general way more highend than regular PAFs, 59ers, etc., due to the inequal coils size (different number of turns/winds). Especially BB with Alnico 5 (BB-Vs) sound even more aggressive and trebly...