Thread: Whats the current value of a 1960 Jazzmaster

Forum Member

Whats the current value of a 1960 Jazzmaster

Hi,
    I'm a newbie here. I just bought a 1960 Jazzmaster from a childhood friend. He has had the guitar the past 30 yrs. It has faded to a two color burst like some 60 strats otherwise its in great shape. One on ebay topped out at 3350.00 yesterday and the reserve was not met. I figure in the 3000 to 4000.00 range? Some vintage dealers has got some on Gbase for a little more. anyone care to chime in ? thanks

Re: Whats the current value of a 1960 Jazzmaster

Early '60s models that I've seen in Australia tend to fetch between $3K & $4K (US dollars), depending on condition.

Here's an example:

http://www.guitarcrazy.com.au/fender_more.htm

Scoll down for the Jazzmasters.

Tenebrae

PS: Guitar Crazy are thought of as being "expensive" here in Australia, but it'll give you a general idea of what they're fetching outside the US.

The $3-4,000 range seems about right from the listings in Vintage Guitar magazine. It depends on the originality and color (custom colors bring more than sunbursts) but I'd figure it's pretty close to that. I know I won't give up my original '62 for cheap. I've seen dealers listing them for around $5000.

VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

Forum Member

Thanks,
    I kinda figured the value but wanted some others opinions. I do like it but bought it to sell to get me a nice relic strat again. I had a 97 and sold it.