Thread: Cool Bedroom Set-Up

Cool Bedroom Set-Up

Discovered a fun set-up for very low volume bedroom use:

guitar -- Landgraff OD -- Keeley modded TS-808 Tube Screamer (true bypass) -- Boss Loop Station -- little Blues Jr. Amp = cool tone!

You get alot of variety, able to use your feet to select one, or the other OD, or two ODs together. At low volume there is no noise issues that sometimes occur when chaining 2 ODs together. They each have their own character, and together it is something pretty special, sounding like a huge 100w stack but at low bedroom volume. Great fun to play in the apartment this way.

The Loop Station allows you to accompany yourself, with pre-recorded riffs and/or chords, and the unit has individual line in/line out volume controls, so not only do you match the pre-recorded sound levels with the live sound, but the very cool thing is you can lower the "instrument" line in level allowing you raise the line level of the individual OD device, and raise your guitar volume up, getting the OD and guitar pickupts to sound it's best and richest. Using the Boss Loop unit like this, it kinda of functions like another Master Volume on the Amp, so you even can raise the Amp volume up, making the tubes work harder and sound a little better, but control the sound level in the room with the Loop unit volume, but still allowing the guitar pickups and ODs to get to the point of volume that the sound is sweet and full! Even with both ODs on, the sound cleans up with the guitar volume. Cool!

Re: Cool Bedroom Set-Up

I've been considering one of those boss loop stations. When you were looking at loopers, what made you decide on the boss?

Re: Cool Bedroom Set-Up

I got confused reading about the Boomerang and couldn't decide which was best for me, but the Boss was cheaper (although not cheap) and figured couldn't lose with a Boss, and had longish recording loop time, can get other foot pedals for it to use live and have ability to control switching loops without bending down and using your hands (haven't got these other pedals yet).

It works fine, no nosie, natural and realistic sound, very study unit. I almost want to put it on my pedalboard, just to have that "master" volume feature available even with my big Marshall rig!