Thread: stevie ray vaughn's guitar called charlie

Forum Member

stevie ray vaughn's guitar called charlie

has anyone ever tried to mount danelectro pickups into a strat? are they attached with screws to the bottom of the pickup cavity or is there another method?

danelectro pickups in a strat

ho bro yea i have i actually made these thick under saddles threadedcforthecraising / lowering of thec pickups and i glued my lipstick pickups to the threaded metal strips it aint so complicated i guess youb could use plastic but i personally think metal picks up more pickup power my strat sounded great for slide guitar and i actually didnt copy or know about this srv charlie guitar until about 94
    i did my conversion over 20 yrs ago buy buying cheap dinelectro guitars at yard sales and experimenting on the needless to say my father wasnt happy with my modification but it sounded really cool and back then i could buy a cheap o dinelectro guitar for 10c - 20 dollars at yardsales i always raped them i had a lespaul kinda tone out of my white strat my guinea pig guitar lmao

lots of super glue (back then crazy glue and some scotch tape held it in place nicely P.S I STILL HAVE THAT PIECE OF SHIT SUPER MODDED STRAT I NEED A NECK FOR HER LMAO PLUS I AM BACK TO MY FAVORITE SET OF MY STOCK FENDER STRAP PICKUPS BUT GOOD LUCK \

CONTACT ME
    LOU
    GUITARNOISE2002@HOTMAIL.COM
    Last edited by BLUELOU; 08-05-2003 at 09:45 PM.
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS