Thread: squier jagmaster II

squier jagmaster II

i just got the jagmaster II "made in china" about 2 days ago. its an amazing guitar. theres talk about the china ones being crap...i gess i got luckey cause mine is awsome. the body is just like a jaguars/jazzmasters and the electrics are amazing. the stock pots are 500k! and the pickups are sweet. the neck isnt as high quality as a jaguars but it works great. only flaw is the pickguard is a cheesy fake looking red perloid. but otherwise its got tons sustain and a lot of beef.
    hey there you are! "hi, do i know you? " no but thats where you are, your over there.

Re: squier jagmaster II

just curious...does anyone know if a jag or mustang neck will fit on this guitar? that would make this guitar just like a "hot roded" jaguar/jazzmaster.
    hey there you are! "hi, do i know you? " no but thats where you are, your over there.

It would depend on the scale length of it. The Mustangs etc have a 24-inch scale neck. What does the spec sheet say?

24" but the stock neck got 21 frets instead of 22 frets like the jag/stang neck.

That's a very cool looking guitar, especially in sunburst.

yea i got the sunburst one i figured itll be the closest ill ever get to a actual jaguar ;)

i just got a new one today that i had ordered form MF. i have only played it a few minutes as it was delivered while i was home for lunch today and had to get back to work. it tuned up fine and it was setup perfect(almost too low)! the strings seemed rough/cheap and slowed my movement, so i am thinking a better set of strings will make it fly more. the neck was straight and not to thin either. the pickups, i got to digest that more, but at first tone more on the thinner side of HB'er land.....

later
    Last edited by marek; 11-14-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Like this? http://www.squierguitars.com/product...0700500_md.jpg

I saw one of these babies at 8th Street Music in Phillie.
    It looked nice but I didn't have time to play it.

Anyway, from what I now know about Squires from my experience with the Esprit...I'd believe it was a nice axe.

Quote Originally Posted by marek
    i just got a new one today that i had ordered form MF. i have only played it a few minutes as it was delivered while i was home for lunch today and had to get back to work. it tuned up fine and it was setup perfect(almost too low)! the strings seemed rough/cheap and slowed my movement, so i am thinking a better set of strings will make it fly more. the neck was straight and not to thin either. the pickups, i got to digest that more, but at first tone more on the thinner side of HB'er land.....

later
    this is a pretty nice guitar. no issues so far after few hours last night. nothing fell apart, neck is good, it's straight & flat but not too finely finished. neck is a medium c profile and not thin. fret wires are very consistent only some rough edges. electronics worked and very responsive up and down. only a vol and tone pot. says it has SD "designed" hb's. they look a little cheap to me, but they sound nice and have some diff character at each position. the bridge pu was easy to get into some smooth distortion on my Peavy amp's gain setting. so far i am liking it, i got it mostly for the short scale style neck. glad it's short neck, since the body is so big and elongated, but very comfortable on the arm. i ramble on.....

mark

What are you doing for a case?
    Did they have cases to fit that wide body or did they just have gig bags?

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBoy
    What are you doing for a case?
    Did they have cases to fit that wide body or did they just have gig bags?
    did not come with a case or bag. they(MF) did have a hard case for it that i did not order. ......i'll probably just tote it around on my shoulder as it would make a handy club...lol but mostly it will sit on its stand in the studio. ;)

i posted & hijacked yesterday another thread about a "static" sounding noise problem that had developed with this new jagmaster.

i was hearing a static type noise when strumming no matter what cable or amp i used. No static was noticed on my tele thru the same amps, etc. No static noticed on single notes, only on full chording.

anyway, it appears my jagmaster suffers from "static cling"!!!

Last night i wiped guitar down with a dryer sheet( as Angler suggested) and NO static was heard. Who would have thought.... ;)

now i am wondering why the jag is so subceptable to static cling?

(if i start playing out, i will have to take along some cling free i guess....may impress the housewives at least)

If you took off that pickguard and shielded the whole thing with foil that would probably take care of the issue.

You can get sticky copper foil from Stew Mac or Warmoth or a bunch of other places. Cover the entire underside of the pickguard with it and make sure it's grounded. If the foil is making contact with the metal on the volume or tone pot (which it should) it'll be grounded. Anyway, that will forever take care of your static cling.
    s'all goof.

[QUOTE=curtisstetka]If you took off that pickguard and shielded the whole thing with foil that would probably take care of the issue.

You can get sticky copper foil from Stew Mac or Warmoth or a bunch of other places. Cover the entire underside of the pickguard with it and make sure it's grounded. If the foil is making contact with the metal on the volume or tone pot (which it should) it'll be grounded. Anyway, that will forever take care of your static cling.[/QUOTE

thanks, Curtis...will give that a try then....

Formerly Big Daddy O Strat-Daddy's Avatar

I've had mine for about a year now with zilch problems. It gets picked up first, before the others, alot. Even though it is too "old school" for my sons' likings, they like to use it once in awhile.

Big Daddy O aka Strat-Daddy