Thread: Dual Lace Sensors

Forum Member

Dual Lace Sensors

Hello folks:

I am looking to replace the wide-range hummer on my 72 Tele Custom reissue, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Dual Lace Sensors in the neck position of a tele. I have a blue L.S. in the bridge. Thanks!

I don't own a Tele but I have used a number of Dually Lace Sensors in my various Strats and my overall favorite for the neck position on a Strat is the new 6k/6k Hot Gold Lace Sensor Dually. I also have a custom 6k/9k which is also very nice. The Hot Gold has a real singing upper midrange that I really like. My favorite pickups.

Forum Member
    Got A wide Range Humbucker RI here,
    Dunno why Fender loadded them 8.5k Humbuckers up on 250k pots,
    They need 500's or 1-megs to come to life a little better,
    still those Wide Range RI pups are not any where as good as the real Vintage 10.0k seth Lover Wide range,
    tehes sale used for $110.00each,
    Fender loaded them up on 1-meg pots back then and they sound really Killer in the neck or bridge!

If you do use a Dually you will need to mount it into the wood of the cavity "like a tele neck" mount. because that is a wide hole in the stock wide range pick gaurd,
    Chandler in San Fransisco cuts pickgaurds to fit duallys and he will have what you need for the job,
    Paul runs Chandler and he happens to use a Fender Jazzmaster neck pup in his Tele,
    I have a 7.2k 5-2 nashville in mine (I love it)
    another Tele has a 1949 p-90 neck,
    another one has a Blue Sensor
    and my new project is loading up a Tele with Duncans Custom Shops, $450.00 a set, * real vintage 1950's Gretsh filtertrons wound to Brian setzers specs... Killer little buggers! cant wait!
    some other guys swear by the SD Antiquity mini humbuckers or Firebird in the Tele necks,
    :these are High Bird Teles man!
    the big boys toys... real fun stuff!
    Good luck with your Tele!
    ST

Forum Member
    Thanks for the info, and sorry for the delay!