Thread: Neck profile on Ishabishi Teles

Neck profile on Ishibashi Teles

Does anyone know if any of the CIJ Tele's have the earlier MIJ 1980's shallow C profile neck....I'm not a great fan of V profile and even less of the chunkier U. I know they don't offer the shallow C in Strats, but wonder what they are like on their Tele's.
    Anyone got one who could let me know?
    Thanks...Phil

P.S.. If they do still offer the shallow C profile I'd be interested to know why they discontinued it on the Strats.

Oops!. Sorry I seemed to have typed in Ishabishi on the forum thread instead of Ishibashi... Couldn't edit it.
    Last edited by phil47uk; 02-17-2003 at 05:15 PM.

Forum Member
    they make quite a few models, which are you talking about?

Sneaky,
    They all seem to be U shaped except for the new model with the Bigsby. I remember having a pink paisley Tele MIJ ( Mid 80's ) and that had a shallow C profile, but when you go to Ishabishi's site it gives the neck profile on the paisley Tele as U..
    I'd love to get an old looking buterscotch, but once again, I suppose it would only come in either V or U.

Forum Member
    the ishibashi site isn't that reliable...
    they are all stated as being U necks but arent -
    the 50's reissues have a hard V profile.
    I've played a 60's rosewood - that wasn't quite a U, more like a chunky C but very comfortable.
    i've got a 69 paisley neck - thats very comfortable too, slightly slimmer than the '60's, more like an MIA C shape.

hope that helps