Thread: Passport users - assistance please?

Forum Member

Passport users - assistance please?

We're using my rhythm guitarist's Passport 250. Our drummer has started singing and so we are using all four channels for vocal mics. He used to run his acoustic into one of those channels. I have been running my acoustics, mandolin and a V-amp ( for the occasional electric) into a small Behringer mixer and then to the "stereo 1" channel.

Now we are running his acoustic into the Behringer as well. Problem is, we have no instruments in the monitors. I'm used to it. I've been living with this for a while but he no has no idea of what the instrumental balance is. We run from the effects out to powered monitors. Since it is not my system,I don't have unlimited access to it to experiment.

Perhaps we should be using something else for a monitor tap? Perhaps I should be using a different input for the mixer?
    Maybe there is a simple solution like a switch that I'm overlooking. I don't want to spend 90 minutes at the next rehearsal or "load in" and take a chance on blowing the system.
    In a pinch I could run one side of the Behringer to the monitor amp and mix it there but I'd rather hear the front of house mix if I can.

Suggestions please?
    Last edited by shunka; 10-10-2004 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Grammer and spelling

Re: Passport users - assistance please?

I thought there is a knob to on each channel to control the level to "aux send". Turn this up and then you could have intruments in the monitors.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Forum Member

Another great idea. Thanks. Also got an answer on the other forum. Need to try both.

Forum Member

Success Managed to get to a rehearsal ten minutes early and foll with the passport. I'm running the Behringer into an effects return. Found a knob on the Stereo channels that says REV/BAL. It controls the signal from that input to the monitors. Works great at rehearsal.