Thread: Really cool relic job

Forum Member

Really cool relic job

A buddy of mine from the Seymour Duncan board this a really nice relic job to a Tele. He says he's too busy to post it here. I think he's just shy.:p

He told me I could do it for him.

Here it is...

http://community.webshots.com/album/52686162WRAIEv

That's kinda cool. I've been thinking about a 'bucker in the neck of my Tele.

Forum Member

65 Stang'

Nice looking Tele..... I just bought a 1965 Fender Mustang that was all in piece's and stripped to a natural finish. I have to replace the bridge, bridge cover and pickup's. I never thought of ageing the new part's with "Ferric Chloride"(good idea!).
    I bought a Seymour Duncan Classic for the neck pickup, and a Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck Jr. single coil for the bridge pickup. According to the serial number list on a Mustang website(www.smallclone.com/mustang) my serial#(f-plate), date info, and color are on the list.
    My serial is~#111896, date info~"8 NOV 65 B", and the orignal color is "Daphne Blue" (baby blue). I was thinking about painting it "Surf Green". I already know that it is not all vintage. Whoever stripped it down to natural did a good finish job on it, but to me it look's to bare.
    I have the orignal Mustang hardshell case that tell's it's age.... I used to have a 1969 Fender Mustang 12 year's ago, but I traded it in for a Clapton Strat. Well, I got a project to work on for a while now, I'm sure it will keep me busy.