Thread: Mesa Lonestar??

Forum Member

Mesa Lonestar??

Anyone try one of these new models? I`m not a mesa fan,,never have been, but some of the reviews have been favourable, so I thought I`d ask some people who I KNOW have an opinion worth listening to!!

CT.

Re: Mesa Lonestar??

There was a thread on it a while ago here. Most post were very positive. I tried on in Omaha and was not so exicted The clean was very nice, but I did not find the OD channel (or whatever it/they) are called anything outstanding. I did not gave it as long or as loud a test run as I would have liked, so it may be simply that I did not give it enough of a chance. I was told there is a bit of finesse required to get the OD channel nice sounding.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

I am still very happy with mine.

My acoustic also sound great through this amp.

I have found that the output knob can be used to tame the output volume to a more practice friendly level, this allows me to get a nice saturated sound at a low volume level if I want.

This amp is probably best for clean blues or jazz style playing.

Mesa have other amps better suited to rock or metal.

In Australia its impossable to get some of the amps that are available in the USA and other countries therefore the Mesa is the best choice for blues ect, a close second is a Fender twin, its cheaper than the Mesa Lonestar but its too big and heavy for me to transport.

Thats why I got a head and 2/12 cab setup, it is not too heavy and fits in my car no problem.

I also think it sounds nicer than the Fender twin and is more flexible.

I started set out in life to become a master of war chaos and destruction, Instead I became student of humor.

I think Boogies do the "Boogie" sound real well, but I have not been very impressed with their other offerings that venture into "other amp" territory. For the money you'd spend on a Boogie for a "non-Boogie" sound, there are several other choices that, in my opinion, are better choices.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.