Thread: 1968 SFDR

Forum Member

1968 SFDR

Thinking about selling my Deluxe Reverb with JBL K-120...anybody got an idea about a fair price for it....it is in above average condition with somr scratches on the face plate but tolex and grill cloth are intact and clean...made in March of 1968 and has been recapped in the last 3 months.JBL is a new recone/old baket deal works perfectly well-could probably stand a new set of preamp tubes.
    Thanks,
    GFM

Forum Member

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

Nevermind,I took it to the amp tech today and got it gone over and decided it is still the best amp I have ever owned..
    Play it Loud,
    GFM

Forum Member

Re: Urrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

Originally posted by GuitarsfromMars
    Nevermind,I took it to the amp tech today and got it gone over and decided it is still the best amp I have ever owned..
    Play it Loud,
    GFM
    Smart move.

I had one, and like the dummy I sometimes am, I sold it.
    I've been through a LOT of amps since then, narrowed my stable down to 3 REALLY good ones, and that's the only amp I can think of that I'd want to complete the set.

Forum Member
    I had a 68 DR that I loved. I got a fight case for it and it went everwhere: college jazz band, Sunday quartet gigs, weddings, bar job after bar job...

I sold it when I moved and needed money, but kept the BF Pro Rev and Princeton Rev. I had a 67 too, and the 68 killed it. I still really miss that DR and its been 4 years. No amp yet that I have played through has really made me feel the way that one did. It was a great sounding amp and I got to use it in loads of different situations, so I got to know it intimately, all the quirks, sweet spots etc.

So keep that old friend close and enjoy the passing years together!

Forum Member

"Spam & Keystone Light"

GFM,
    Damn...'was just about to offer you $150/cash, too! :lol2

I bought my '68 SF Pro Reverb for $650 about 15-16 months ago, from a failed eBay auciton. I picked up the amp in person. After pulling the chassis and giving her a brief test-drive, I handed the seller six Franklins and a U.S. Grant. He handed the loot to his wife and they both started cackling like a couple of hyenas.

"What's up?", I inquired.
    "You know how much I paid for that amp back in '95?", the seller snorted.
    "Nope, but appears I'm about to..."
    "Yeah...$100! HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!"
    "Well, bud; you got a good deal back then...just as I did, today. Fact is, the footswitch alone is worth about that."

Just can't beat them blackliners. 'Would be the last amp I sold; and even then, I'd have to be on a steady diet of Spam and Keystone Light, before I'd do it. ;)

Forum Member

Cool.....

I actually had a 67 Pro Reverb that I got from a friend for 450$ then I bought the money pit I call home- a 38' motor yacht-well I decided that I needed a smaller amp to haul on and off the boat...well I went and saw a friend who owns a music store and got the Deluxe Reverb AND 150$...I'm still grinnin' and I got the foot pedal too...thanks for the support guys,
    Play it Loud GFM

Forum Member

Re: Cool.....

I actually had a 67 Pro Reverb that I got from a friend for 450$ then I bought the money pit I call home- a 38' motor yacht-well I decided that I needed a smaller amp to haul on and off the boat...well I went and saw a friend who owns a music store and got the Deluxe Reverb AND 150$...I'm still grinnin' and I got the foot pedal too...thanks for the support guys,
    Play it Loud GFM
    You live and play gits on a yacht? That's pretty sharp! Wuddya do during hurricanes; play a lot of John Fogerty?
    :bug

Forum Member

Re: Re: Cool.....

Originally posted by Preztone

You live and play gits on a yacht? That's pretty sharp! Wuddya do during hurricanes; play a lot of John Fogerty?
    :bug
    Actually I put on extra lines and play "Ridin' the Storm Out"
    GFM

Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Cool.....

Actually I put on extra lines and play "Ridin' the Storm Out"
    GFM
    If'n it wuz me, I'd lash myself to the mizzen mast, and laugh and scream like loo-tenant Dayun did in Forrest Gump.

Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool.....

Originally posted by Crusty

If'n it wuz me, I'd lash myself to the mizzen mast, and laugh and scream like loo-tenant Dayun did in Forrest Gump.
    Good grief,it's a motor yacht.......a motor yacht-no masts to lash lootennat Day-yun to....but the amp rocks.
    GFM:tw59 :nelson