Thread: Warmoth verses USA CG bodies -- honest opinion please

Warmoth verses USA CG bodies -- honest opinion please

I've ordered a USA CG neck recently because they have better options than Warmoth. I have older Warmoth Tele bodies that are good quality, but have heard that their quality has suffered in recent times...

So...for my next Tele body am I better off going to USA CG or Warmoth again?? Has Warmoth really gone over the deep end as far as quality in recent years?? Honest opinions please...

-Kevin
    GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome
    TAS: Telecaster Acquisition Syndrome
    BAS: Bass Acquisition Syndrome
    ...but I don't have SAS: Stratocaster Acquisition Syndrome...not yet anyway...

I have seen and played a lot of products from both companies. I have also heard about the quality issues concerning Warmoth products, but I have never personally had a problem with any of their stuff. I currently have two necks and one body that were perfect as delivered. One of the necks is my favorite neck of all time. As I've said before, when you shop on the Warmoth site, you see a high quality photo of the EXACT piece you are buying and it is shipped out to you right away. They also list the weight of their bodies, which is very important to me. USACG can take 8 weeks to get something out to you. Granted, they offer more options and their quality is excellent, but they sure do take a while to get it to you.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I don't mind the wait so long as the price is good and the quality is worth the wait...
    I'm waiting for a neck as it is anyway...

-Kevin

TFF Stage Crew
    My experience has been favorable for both with the edge in quality going to USACG. The great customer service at USACG is the icing on the cake and makes it worth the wait.

Re: Warmoth verses USA CG bodies -- honest opinion please

Well, I went ahead with USA CG and I must say that I am very impressed. The quality on the neck I ordered was miles beyond anything I've ever seen -- including Warmoth. Tommy called Friday to let me know that my body had been shipped, and that although he put a really nice flame maple cap there was a slight blemish that can only be seen with a magnifying glass. Either way he discounted $50 off my price!!!! These guys are the real deal. Why bother with Warmoth ever again...

-Kevin

TFF Stage Crew

From what I've seen, the USACG bodies are closer to vintage spec than Warmoth. They also have more options w/no upcharges on their necks. And those guys are pretty persnickety about blems & stuff... which, as you now know, works out in your favor. I saw a box w/a bunch of perfectly good necks in their shop that they were blowing out because of mere cosmetic flaws. Tommy is a great guy & he only sells stuff w/the kind of quality he himself likes to have

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by 71818
    Tommy is a great guy & he only sells stuff w/the kind of quality he himself likes to have
    Ditto!

Well...the body arrived today, and I had a chance to pick it up because of a rare day off from work. I must say I am impressed. Can't even spot the discounted blem!!!

Only thing is that I'm pissed off at UPS right now because they caused a slight damage near the cutaway I'm hoping it can be remedied by light sanding 'cause everything else is sooo perfect I'd hate to go through the hassle of ordering another one...

-Kevin

TFF Stage Crew

If it is dented & no wood is missing, you might be able to get it out w/an iron & a wet rag (steaming).

TFF Stage Crew

What 71818 said. Don't sand it out if it's just dented.