Thread: help running two amps in stereo

help running two amps in stereo

i have a cyber deluxe that i would like to run in stereo with my marshall avt 50, but i am at a complete loss for how to accomplish this. i know this isn't rocket science, but i'm a bit confused.

does the output from the cyber go into the effects return jack of the marshall? the manual says something about running it via the power amp input or effects return, but i'm not sure what they mean by power amp input jack.

also, is there any difference between using one over the other?

the more i read about it, the more confused i get. my goal is to be able to experience some of the cyber's great effects in stereo.

Re: help running two amps in stereo

Running straight into the "power amp input jack" on the Marshall will omit the Marshall's per-amp and therefore give you a closer rendition of the Cyber amp. If the Cyber amp is the sound you want, then go right into the power amp input on the Marshall.

If the Cyber amp has a "line out" jack, you can connect that to the faceplate input on the Marshall which will include the Marshall pre-amp and then give all of the tone the Marshall has to offer.

It depends on what sound you want and whether you're looking for true stereo or not.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Re: help running two amps in stereo

thanks bob.

tried it out with it & sounds better in stereo, esp. the effects. however, i still seem to play more through the hot rod more often than the cyber deluxe.

maybe i'll just start using the cyber deluxe as the worlds most expensive effects board.