Thread: tele w/strat neck

Forum Member

tele w/strat neck

i saw bonnie raitt at the pnc art center last night(n.j.) her back up guitarist played what looked like a nashville tele-strat pup in the middle, but had a strat headstock. is this a custom job or something fender sold over the counter?

I don't know about that guitar, but some folks who don't like tele necks have put strat necks on them. There is a space on each side of the pocket you have deal with (it is covered if you use a 22 fret neck).

Dale
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Wasn't there production Tele Deluxes in the 70s with large Strat headstocks?

Here's one fom the early/mid 70s
    Last edited by LefthandBastard; 08-11-2002 at 08:25 PM.
    Blaming Columbine on guns is like blaming Rosie O'Donnell's fatness on spoons

Check this thread for a picture of the other combination, a tele neck on a strat body.,,, I kinda like it

http://www.thefenderforum.com/forum/...=&threadid=705

That's kind cool.

Didn't Clapton play a sunburst Tele with a Strat neck during Blind Faith's (first?) concert in London's Hyde Park?

Ed

Forum Member
    I have an American Standard body with a Stew-Mac Tele neck, works for me. (The Kinman's have a lot to do with it!)
    I'll grow old, but I refuse to grow up.

Spose,
    You have to stop posting pictures of that tele, I LOVE that guitar! Did you make the neck yourself or buy it?

PS: I think I might like it better without the pickguard though, but thats just me. I love the look of that purpleheart and it's a shame to cover it up
    Last edited by ShawnRT; 08-12-2002 at 08:43 AM.

Ian Moore plays an old black strat with a tele neck. Looks pretty cool.
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

Hey Spose,
    Thats really cool of you to offer. I'd love to check out one of your creations. I am hoping that it doesn't sound like a tele, not that I don't love teles, but I bet it has a sound all it's own and that's what I think is so cool about it!
    Thats a good idea with the guard. I did the same thing once when I popped the head of a screw off on a pickup ring on a Les Paul Custom. Instead of using an ez-out, I just left it in there and glued the head of the screw into the ring.

Too bad you won't be able to make it to the Arlington show, I was hoping to get a chance to play it in person :tw59

Man I need to start work on a new bolt on guitar..... Are you going to make that new Daphne Blue strat for Lily or buy one? How is that coming along?

A TS9 under the pickguard?? That's classic!
    I should have thought of that. We have to hang out sometime Spose!

Originally posted by Ed Driscoll
    Didn't Clapton play a sunburst Tele with a Strat neck during Blind Faith's (first?) concert in London's Hyde Park?

Ed, you handsome devil you, here's a photo of Clapton with that same Tele!

Ed

there's a picture of Clapton in the "Cream" book using that same tele in a danish movie in a lip synch deal. I'll try to scan it over the weekend.....

Forum Member
    Formerly Stroker Ace
    Steve Morse played a tele with a strat neck before his Music Man signature deal.

Stroker

Forum Member

tele w/strat neck

thank you all for your replies. now a followup question. has anyone customized a tele with a strat neck? has anyone built their own from aftermarket parts? what is the difference in tone when changing the neck? does it still have that tele twang? thats what i really need to know.
    frankie