Thread: 65 jazzmaster questions

Forum Member

65 jazzmaster questions

Hi I have recently come across a 65 fender jazzmaster with orginal candy apple red body with matching headstock .. it was made in late 65 as it has the dot markers with the binding around the neck .. it has one of those orginal plastic body guards on it that I think will leave a mark on the guitar if taken off but maybe not.. now I can get this guitar for 1800 canadian is this a good deal ?? also how much is the value of this guitar .. I really like the guitar and am not buying it just too sell I think its a really awesome guitar .. thanks for any help

Floyd

Old Tele man
    new, a 1965 Jazzmaster cost about $375USD, and inflation from '65 to '04 is about 6.5X, so a perfect-condition (10/10) guitar would cost about $2250USD in todays money.

When you ratio the asking price $1800 against the above $2250, it's about 80%.

So, the question is: Is that "used" CAR Jazzmaster guitar worth 80% of its projected current day price to you? Especially when you consider that todays' Jazzmaster lists for about $1900USD and streets for about $1300USD?
    Last edited by Old Tele man; 01-24-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Forum Member
    Sounds like a great deal, go for it. I'll be eternally jealous