Thread: Warmoth body arrived yesterday :D

Warmoth body arrived yesterday :D

Its so beautiful a 2 piece swamp ash body that weighs 6,8 lbs, in a BEAUTIFUL clear gloss finish, its amazing, its probably the best looking body ive ever seen, and the finish too.

Im so happy with it :) warmoth won me over with this, i tought it wouldnt come the way i asked them, but no, it did, and just the way i dreamt it to be

aha , one down, now i have to get the rest of the parts ;)
    Take Care
    T

big question......how much ??
    Last edited by TattooedCarrot; 08-11-2002 at 03:04 AM.

in euros i payed 400 € (with bank wire and shipping included) + 140 € of taxes.

Its almost the same as the US dollars, so i paid 540€ wich is about 524 dollars.

It was a bit high mostly because of the bank wire fees, and taxes but it was worth it.
    Take Care
    T

Hey T,

I also have a lightweight ash body from Warmoth but it is Sonic Blue in color. It replaces the original Sherwood Metallic body on my 62 RI. I love it. I also replaced the original vintage reissue pickups with a set of Custom 54's in a pickguard assembly with all green plastic and my need for vintage vibe is now satisfied. Hopefully until I can afford to get myself the real deal anyway... :cowb

Thats cool Mr Mitchell, by the way, is that strat on your avatar, the yngwie malmsteen one wich you own? looks killer.

;)
    Take Care
    T

Stay with Warmoth on the neck too.
    Very good necks.

Hey T,

Yes indeed, that Strat there on the left is my '88 YJM Signature loaded with Hot Gold Lace Sensors. Currently my #1 Strat and has been for quite awhile actually. It does everything right for me. In addition to the pickups, I have added String Saver saddles, a Callaham tremolo block, and a Trem-Setter. :cowb
    Last edited by SMark; 08-15-2002 at 09:54 PM.

Speaking of Warmoth necks... I have a Strat with a really nice scalloped Warmoth neck too.

aye ;) seen those pics in the fdp i think, they look fab :) especially the sunburst one, i usually dont dig the whole bucker/single/bucker configuration, but that one looks really tempting :)

hehe take it easy
    T
    Take Care
    T

oh and about the necks, im gonna go with the fender replacement one, its like, ive been doing my math, and i get to the point that if i order it from warmoth, it will get as expensive (if not more) due to the hassles i have to do, and ive been hearing great stuff about the new fender necks (the 57´one is the one im getting), including fret and nut work, not to mention im a nut for the feel of the 57´ american vintage strat ;).

this strat is gonna look good hopefully , nat body and maple neck, and black pearl gutard with 3 single coil hotgolds + midboost and tbx, just like a clapton strat , well a buddy guy cause the body is ash.
    Take Care
    T

If I´m not misinformed, Warmoth makes the Fender replacement necks.

it does, but im from Portugal and i need to pay HEAVY taxes, wich altogether makes it easier to buy here from my local fender dealer.
    Take Care
    T

T... That H/S/H pickguard assembly on my sunburst is my original set of Hot Golds and each of the pots is a push/pull pot allowing me to switch between double coil and single coil on each of the Duallys, and then also to allow all the bridge/neck configurations and also to have all three pickups on at once. I guess that amounts to like 17 different pickup combinations? The bridge pickup is the 13.2k Hot Gold Dually and the neck is the 6k Hot Gold Dually. The Dually tones are fat and huge. :cowb

17 ??? holy crap!! ;) have you ever considered getting an active midboost? Mr M.??? it should even give you more tone than the HUGE amount pallete of the ones you can virtually have with that strat.

The way i see it, next month, i should have the guitar completely assembled.

Im dying to try the hotgolds the soundclips are just amazing, besides i havent played and electrical guitar since ive sold mine like a month ago to be able to assemble this one that hopefully will be my only electric guitar.

Gotta strum that whole acoustic thingie to supress the desire of Crancking the amp up and bring the house down ;D Rock on i say :) lol.
    Take Care
    T

T... LOL! I have considered putting in a mid boost although not in this particular Strat just because there isn't anymore room in the cavity without doing some serious routing. And to be quite honest, this Strat doesn't at all need a mid boost. I like it just the way it is. If I do install one it will probably go in my '79 Strat that currently has Kinman pups. But at the moment this is way down the list. I am almost done with guitar mods for now. I just need to place an order with Callaham for one bridge/tremolo assembly to replace a MIJ reissue and then also a tremolo block for another Strat. Then I have to get three of my amps off to an amp tech for maintenance and upgrades. So I am saving my pennies for that at the moment.

i get ya ;) altough theres always the possibility of getting the midboost that doesnt require routing (just an idea) well, ive ordered the stewmac one, wich has 25dbs of power, then theres this one more that doesnt require routing that ive heard of that was called demeter, but was only 16dbs.

Anyway im glad youre happy with your strat, gotta give credit for that.

Peace ;)
    Take Care
    T

Yeah, it's great to have a guitar that really does it all for you. Right now three of my Strats are what I would call DONE. Meaning no more mods needed. I have another on the table right now getting it's final upgrades and with the Callaham order I will be getting everything I need for Strats #5 & #6. Strat #7 is a cheap-parts-caster so I don't intend to spend any money on it. I do put new stuff on it if something cool comes into my posession that I can't use elsewhere. And for it being made of nothing but cheap parts, it does sound nice.

I admit to being rather piggish with my guitars though. :p

FWIW - the guy that made damn near *every* neck that came out of Warmoth for the past 15 or so years now works at USACG.

Forum Member
    I already have a Clapton Sig. Strat and love it , but I saw a Warmoth guitar with Birdseye maple neck,clear ash body and Lace pups and it looked amazing.Do you know how much it would cost complete ( Clapton spec. but maybe with hotter pup. at bridge), how would it be better than the original? Can the Lace sensors be used without batteries?Thanks.

Lace Sensors by themselves do not require batteries. Would it be better? Maybe yes, maybe no. Everything needs to be put together real well and adjusted properly before it has a chance to be better.