Thread: fender service

Forum Member

fender service

I just bought a new '72 Custom Reissue Tele while on a trip to my parents house (about 7 hours away). When I got home and attempted to do a setup, i found that the truss rod would not move, AT ALL. So today I brought the guitar to a fender authorized service center in my area for to check into having it fixed under warrantly. The tech told me I either had a 'frozen' or broken truss rod. He said it'd have to be sent to Fender and that I would probably be w/o my guitar for 3 to 5 weeks, and that they would probably end up just putting a new neck on the guitar.

Has anyone ever dealt with Fender as far as warranty work goes? What have your experiences been with such work?

I'm really bummed that I'll have to be without the guitar for a while, but I won't put up with an instrument thatis defective at six days old!

Thanks for the input.

Jesse

Sorry to hear that. I can't really help, but I know Fender really values their customers. Why not call them direct and see if they can help.

I know I've been told all sorts of things by dealers that simply was not true.

I had a switch go out in my Epiphone Les Paul. Took it too a dealer. They just left it in the back for 3 weeks. I asked them and they said pretty much the same thing. I took it to another dealer and it was fixed in a day, no cost under warrantee.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

SCOTSDALE ARIZONA ! IDEA POSSIBLY

I'D CALL THEM DIRECT AND ASK FOR MIKE IN TECH HE IS GOOD AND TELL THEM YOU NEED GUITAR ASAP
    FENDER IS GOOD WITH WARRANTY STUFF I DEALT WITH PICKUPS PROBLEMS AND THEY SENT THEM DIRECTLY TO MY HOME AND A PICKGUARD THA WAS BACKORDERED FROM SAM ASH NO LUCK THE PICKUPS WERE NEVER AT SAM ASH THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND RAN SO FENDER SENT ME THE PARTS DIRECTLY
    FENDER SENT IT TO ME DIRECT
    I DONT LIKE WAIT PERIODS MORE THAN 8 DAYS MAX

IM IMPATIENT

AS FOR NECKS I DONT SEE WHY THE PLACE YOU BOUGHT THE GUITAR COULDNT ORDER THE FENDER NECK DIRECTLY UPS IT QUICKLY FOR $8 AND YOURE IN BUSINESS IF ITS A AUTHORIZED FENDER DEALER REPAIR SHOP AND UNDER WARRANTY....
    THEY DO CARRY A GOOD WARRANTY ......
    MY PARTS WERE SHIPPED BY FENDER DIRECTLY T ME FROM SCOTTSDALE ARIZONA GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE ON PHONE

GOOD LUCK
    I STILL WOULD CONTACT THEM IN ARIZONA WITH THE ISSUE
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Forum Member
    Well, I called Fender yesterday. They told me to talk to my Authorized guy in town, and have him deal with me face to face.

The problem with dealing with the dealer I bought it from is they are a 7 hour drive away in Rochester NY. But the guy I talked to in town said he would be happy to deal with it for me. I have chruch this morning, which I need the guitar for; so I'll bring it to the shop tomorrow after work. The tech at the shop said I'd probably be w/o my tele for 3-5 weeks (HUGE bummer).

Thanks guys,
    jesse

Since it is so new, can you just take it back to the dealer you got it from and swap it? Yes, long drive, but its less than 5 weeks....

Other than that, at least you have a backup to play until then, right?
    Last edited by photoweborama; 12-14-2003 at 09:24 AM.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

Forum Member
    It's not really convenient to drive back there, espeically not really being able to get time off work right now. I do have a backup, my 1966 Guild Starfire, or my acoustics; although I sliced my third finger open before church this morning, so I'll probably not be playing for a week or so anyway. BTW, anyone know how to get blood off of a maple board, I tried the old SRV superglue on a cut, and it failed after I took a slide up the D string. Eh, I'm sure it'll come off, no biggie.

Thanks guys,.
    jesse

Old Tele man

re: ...D-string bites back...

Ouch!

Forum Member
    I dropped the guitar off today for service. the tech tried again to 'crack' the rod, but to no avail. Their currently chopping off the headstock to mail to fender, who will send them a whole new neck. I was told I should have my new neck in 5-6 weeks, as Fender doesn't currently have any in stock. So I"m looking at the end of January before I have my tele. Oh well, I'd rather be without and have a funtional guitar than play a guitar that isn't adjustable now.

thanks guys,
    jesse