Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do so many people like telecasters?

Forum Member
    It was just sort of a light-hearted word to the wise. I know it's hard to get the tone behind printed words from strangers but I just wanted to avoid any miscommunication. But yes, it's pronounced the same...but it's spelled "Ciao".

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ciao

Have a good one.

I know...its just my inside ironical spin on life...!!

You have a good one Two!!

Chow,
    Seegs

Forum Member
    Your so funny! Their really is a dry sort of humor in you're methods but won that I can appreciate.

...and for all y'all south of the Mason-Dixon line, the proper translation is as follows...

You're (a contraction combining "you" and "are" together as one word with the apostrophe substituting for the "a") so funny!

There ("their" being a posessive pronoun showing ownership) is a dry sort of humor in your (the contraction doesn't go here, y'all...instead "your" is another posessive pronoun showing ownership OF the methods themselves)...

...but one (the number "1" spelt out whereas "won" is the past tense of "win" as in "to win a game") that I can appreciate.

Giddy'up!

("eye" can appreciate?...."aye" can appreciate?...)
    Last edited by kottkewannabe; 02-16-2003 at 07:18 AM.

Ok Kottkewannabe...fess up...what happened b4 you edited ur post??

Inquiring minds want to no...

Chow,
    Seegs

Forum Member
    I swear to God, I only added the last line. I just re-read my post and thought, "Damn! I missed the 'I' thing". But yeah, I know what you mean...edited posts always seem "shifty" somehow.

Forum Member
    Formerly Stroker Ace
    Originally posted by kottkewannabe
    Stroker, I honestly don't know what you're talking about. It was actually just the thing that came to mind as I read your signature. Do tell...
    Do tell? OK. My sig. is just a couple of lines that I thought was funny from a couple of different movies.

Forum Member
    If I hear the word 'tone" one more time I'm going to PUKE.
    It's got tone, baby!
    Its the tone, man
    loads of tone
    killer tone

What a generic, unidimensional word. Can't you guys use a more elaborate description than stinking "tone"?

Forum Member
    Formerly Stroker Ace
    I dont think I like your "TONE"
    Last edited by Fendercrazy; 02-18-2003 at 03:24 PM.

Forum Member
    Formerly Stroker Ace
    Now go Puke! :hurl

My tele has the kind of ToNe, tOnE, tone that gives me a big BONE,bOnE, bone. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ?????? Naughty Kitty??????? :fu2
    DAMN. I wish I could remember where I put them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member
    Kitty, what are you after? Ticked off people? I mean, most of the things you've contributed seem to point to that goal. Last time, with the whole gay/Telecaster thing...what was that? And the tone thing. You dig up isolated posts from weeks or months ago and complain. Why? People are certainly interested in answering any of your straight-forward questions or clarifying their comments if you didn't understand their intent. But if you're just bored and angry, you're going to get your ass booted. I'm not the one that makes that decision and I'm not threatening you; I'm giving you a heads up. Your first impression here was dismal and your second is hardly any better. Chill out a little bit and think through WHY you're saying what you're saying before you post. Pull your head and and turn things around a little bit.
    Last edited by kottkewannabe; 02-19-2003 at 03:29 AM.

Forum Member
    Buggery bollocks! Why are people so sensitive here? I'd love to own a tele, especially a '52 special ed fotoflame. No one seems to be offended by that (I think).

Forum Member
    I bought my first Tele in 68..cause it was the cheapest guitar in the store with a good name..I paid $175.00 for it with a hard case....I bought it at Cherry Hill Music in NJ..it is a 67 Blonde with a Maple Cap neck....I have had every kind of guitar there is...including...Baker, PRS all of em...I still have the Tele and play it all the time....ya know I can't gig with it anymore cause my $175.00 is now worth about $4500.00 or more...hmmmm....anyway thru all the years..the tele is the best playing ax for me doing blues.....

TFF Stage Crew
    I just purchased an alder Tele body from USACG & now I'm in a quandary; maple or rosewood? Choice of finish? Pickups? Decisions, decisions...:wail2

Forum Member

Why Tele's?

Want to know why we love our Tele's?
    Listen to Pink Floyd's David Gilmour play his rendition of Elvis Presley's "Don't". Then listen to him play "Dogs" from Pink Floyd's "Animals" album. Speaking of Pink Floyd, listen to Syd Barrett's gorgeous intro to his solo hit "Baby Lemonade" - awsome! After that, listen to Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page's live work with the Yardbirds, then listen to Jimmy Pages early work with Led Zeppelin. All that early Zeppelin stuff might get ya in the mood for some Muddy Waters. Still not sure why Tele's are the BEST GUITARS OF ALL TIME? Listen to any number of country players chickin'-pickin' some beautiful lead guitar, or if country isn't your thing, how about some Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Keith Richards?
    What I'm getting at is that Tele's can and do handle a vast array of styles in such a way that NO OTHER GUITAR CAN - not Strats, and nope, not even the revered Les Paul! Pick one up, play one, and fall in love with its liberating simplicity. TELE'S CAN PLAY ANYTHING!!

Forum Member
    I've played a tele plus straight through a tube amp, no effects for years and it was always right on the money everytime. Sadly I don't have it anymore.

Forum Member

Keef

Keith Richards has done a lot for the tele's popularity but I've never felt like he has gotten the tele sound. Is it the amp he uses or the pups or what ?

Forum Member

RE: Keef

Keith Richards plays his Tele five-string style with the low E string physically removed and the guitar tuned to open G. He also likes to play a suspended IV chord over his barred power chords, which is amenable to open G and E tunings. Not too sure what amps he uses, but he has a Gibson PAF humbucker in neck position, uses .11 guage strings, and has a custom brass replacement bridge with individual saddles.

Forum Member
    Does anyone know where one could find those? I'm talking about individual saddles...but ones that are sort of like mini-barrells.

My Nashville had those. They also used to sell the bridge (and saddles) at Stew Mac. www.stewmac.com.

Dale
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Forum Member
    No luck at StewMac....any others?

six saddles

That's just like the STOCK saddles on a G&L ASAT CLASSIC..................maybe a dealer can get you some........:lolspin.........
    DAMN. I wish I could remember where I put them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by kottkewannabe
    No luck at StewMac....any others?
    You wanted the 6 saddle barrel ones right?

Part number: 4765

Url:

http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/hazel...ctric&sku=4765

Or the whole bride and pull the saddles (way cheaper). Part 4583

http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/hazel....html&sku=4583

Dale
    Last edited by Dale; 04-04-2003 at 11:56 AM.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Forum Member
    Hey, Dale. Thanks a million for digging those up for me. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear (and I'm kind of feeling guilty now). I meant brass ones and just sort of assumed (without any good reason, obviously) that the brass ones I had seen somewhere were the only barrell ones. Thanks again for the help, though.