Thread: what i've learned about mustang/jazzmaster bridges.

what i've learned about mustang/jazzmaster bridges.

if i sound like a moron for posting this, i'm sorry but i just learned this the other day. i can't remember if it was mentioned on this board or the tele modders. but you can adjust your bridge while it is on the guitar with a very small allen wrench. i don't what exact size, but it is the one i use to adjust saddle heights. it was in the back of my head bugging me, and i thought i'd try it, i guess it was more of a subliminal suggestion. imagine my suprise when i figured that out. i've owned a jazzmaster for 8 years now and was always taking the strings off to adjust the bridge height. hope this helps someone else and relieve some headaches. i know it did for me.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

chuckocaster

are you talkin about the saddles heights ?

if so it is a very tiny allen wrench youre very right ####

them set scxrews like to rust bigtime also

so me i keep my tremolo's well oiled on alll friction surfaces including the nut slots on the necks

when the saddle adjuster screws rust sometimes the allen wrench will strip out the hexagonal hole almost always some time in your life youll experience this rusted phenomena

thas why i always oil my tremolo's every part
    its impervious and really important to keep the tremolo parts well oiled or else the acids from your hands will erode the set screws then its a pain in the ass messin with them
    yada yada yada
    mine look and all work like new as old as my guitars are

good seein you bro
    keep rockin
    god bless
    lou
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

i mean the actual bridge itself, i switched to the mustang bridge cause i always loose those damn little screws.

see ya lou!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"