Thread: Looky Here - It's Sunday, April 14, 2024

Looky Here - It's Sunday, April 14, 2024

In fact, it's been Sunday in Sydney, Australia for a good 17.5 hours. I arrived last night and have been enjoying the city (walking my a$$ off!) and cruising the Sydney Harbour (that's the way they spell it, so for good measure...). Climbed up a pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge (some 252 steps) and snapped some photos of the harbor, the Opera House and surrounding environs. Haven't yet found a guitar store, although a number are listed. Of course, it's Sunday, so it may be that they're not open. They certainly aren't on the main shopping streets. I'll have nearly a full day of exploring on my own, so that's my goal.

Some of you may be waking up soon, so I wish you a happy, healthy and safe Sunday!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Looky Here - It's Sunday, April 14, 2024

OS, it sounds like you're having a mighty fine time down under!

Not a lot going on here on the western shore of Lake Michigan, but it is a beautiful, sunny 70° day so it will be a day spent cruising on the Harley with my missus. We had the Vette out last night for it's first run after the long winter nap and it sure felt good to be piloting that beast around for a bit.

Hope all have a great week!

I can't believe I actually slept late today. Spending the weekend doing Spring stuff. Drug (dragged?) the Mustang's summer ties out of teh basement, drained the gas out of the snowblower - did an oil change and put it away for the Summer. Got the battery charged on the riding mower, filled it with gas and got that running, too. Today I'll do some more general chores., Nothing too excited.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Finally starting to feel closer to normal with this pneumonia. 4 weeks now!

Writing some guitar parts this morning for recording tomorrow.
    Going for a short 3 mile walk. Need to increase distance slowly after pneumonia. Still very weak.
    Then it's MotoGP from Texas on TV at 2:30 big fun!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

been venturing down the cellar stairs this past week or so. Looking for stuff and finding lots of other. It's almost like new toys day every time. A lot of this stuff hasn't been opened since 2019 or two moves ago.

Last night i recorded with a live mic for the first time in probably 6 years. All my hours of digital recording direct came very much in handy. I've never heard this particular mic on an electric guitar before. If it weren't for the room noise (cable hitting mic stand, feet noise, chair noise, vocalizing while playing - really? I was doing that?) it sounded like I were going direct. This is a bit of a break through for me. In more ways than 1.

Not sure how live mic recording during the day is going to work, the traffic noise was far less near midnight, LOL. We were having a decent day here so there's lots of motoring going on out there. Rain is expected later.

Keep on keeping on, doing my exercises. The stairs are no longer intimidating me. I've even been getting outside for very short walks. Like 3 houses to the corner and back. No cane. Well, I carry it with me just in case. But soon, I'll be leaving it behind entirely.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Worked more on getting the rolling racks together, and moving stuff onto them yesterday. Worked on music a bit. The 5 string Dingwall didn't survive the winter and I wasn't going to perform a last minute truss rod adjustment to get it ready for today. Played a couple of bass gigs this AM, took a nap, fueled up the vehicles. Got one washed, getting ready to wash the other. Going to pick up another (3rd) rolling rack for the garage if they have it in stock.
    Mark