Thread: Happy Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter Sunday!

So, family coming over for dinner today. The week went by really fast for a change. Next week will also be busy, that's still a good thing. I spent Friday in the studio - finished off another song - except for the harmonies. The friend who has been adding her vocals is very pregnant with twins and is out of commission for a while, so we're getting everything down and waiting for her return. She says June - we'll see... twins are a lot of work (plus she has a two year old)! Here's the latest edition to the songbook. Inspired by a friend, Charlie Karp, who died way too young and before we had a chance to write the songs we kept talking about writing. https://soundcloud.com/user-78574690.../sets/hartford

Thanks, as always to TeleBob for all his encouragement and support!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Happy Easter Sunday!

Currently enjoying the fine accommodations at St Vincent's Medical Center for past three days being treated for pneumonia.
    I can only think of about 500 other ways of enjoying this time, like getting around to that song effort we touched on a while back, but survival must take priority at the moment.
    Glad all is going well in the studio!
    Going to pick up my guitar soon an get pickin'!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Happy Easter!
    Not much happening here today except church this morning followed by dinner sometime today and a lot of doing nothing else. Hope all have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Currently enjoying the fine accommodations at St Vincent's Medical Center for past three days being treated for pneumonia.
    I can only think of about 500 other ways of enjoying this time, like getting around to that song effort we touched on a while back, but survival must take priority at the moment.
    Sory to hear it Bob - let me know if you need anything. I'm not THAT far away!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    just got my first ever pneumonia vaccination a couple weeks ago at a doctor's visit. Apparently that's another perk of passing 65 trips around the sun. Be well soon.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

it's almost a decent day outside, it's not raining and the wind has finally dropped to only 10 mph. I'm probably going to go for a walk outside. I actually danced a bit last night when I went to see Truffle at the old Pasta Loft soon to be known as Brick House Brewery. It was only one song and I almost made it all the way through. It felt good to be moving again.

A true sign of spring, cat shedding his winter coat. Had a huge hairball this morning, poor thing.

y'all have a nice Sunday
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Slow easy day here. Did Easter service on Thursday, had a couple guitar gigs for Good Friday. Sat was spent looking for a new battery for the mower and mowing. This am I’ve been finalizing my taxes (complex year). Might take the Mini out for a top down drive.
    Mark

G'Day, mates. It's now April 1 on the other side of the globe. Easter Sunday has come and gone, and I was very surprised that little was made of it. Especially since one of the major cities here is named Christchurch!

Still, the weather is glorious, and the group I'm with are all gregarious and fun to talk with and share stories with. I'm headed out for breakfast now, and today's agenda is a lecture on New Zealand history, followed by a sailing trip on the Pride of Auckland, which I'm told is an Americas Cup vessel, and then following lunch, a visit to the Auckland War Memorial Museum. Free time after dinner tonight.

Be well.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Enjoy that sail. I did one on an old NZ Americas Cup. FirstI was a grinder. Lifting that sail up 150+ ft took effort. Later I got to helm it. I love things powered by wind, boats or planes. Done both, both are some of the best experiences of my life.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    G'Day, mates. It's now April 1 on the other side of the globe. Easter Sunday has come and gone, and I was very surprised that little was made of it. Especially since one of the major cities here is named Christchurch!

Still, the weather is glorious, and the group I'm with are all gregarious and fun to talk with and share stories with. I'm headed out for breakfast now, and today's agenda is a lecture on New Zealand history, followed by a sailing trip on the Pride of Auckland, which I'm told is an Americas Cup vessel, and then following lunch, a visit to the Auckland War Memorial Museum. Free time after dinner tonight.

Be well.
    I envy your trip as I tried to convince my wife to move to New Zealand forty years ago but she was reluctant to leave family.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I envy your trip as I tried to convince my wife to move to New Zealand forty years ago but she was reluctant to leave family.
    Forty years ago you might have been able to do it. These days, if you come, you have to prove you have a way to leave. There are only two ways you can convince the Kiwis to let you stay: You either have a skill that they are looking for, or you have more money than God.

Lovely place to visit. But they don't want just anybody to stay.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!