Thread: The Sunday Thread for April 7, 2024

The Sunday Thread for April 7, 2024

It's 8:03am in Christchurch, New Zealand, so technically I'm posting on Sunday. For the second time this year I've gained an hour of sleep as this part of the world came off Daylight Savings Time last night. Because I'm waiting for my flight to Invercargill, I can only post one note, so I'll mention that I managed to visit three guitar stores so far, and played a quirky, but nice 12-string, a Maton EMD-12, which is a mini guitar built with "AA Select" Grade Solid Sitka Spruce top, solid blackwood back and sides, the AP5 PRO pickup system, gold grover machine heads, and a Vintage Amber Stain.

It sounded great, and had a wide nut for a guitar of its size, but I found it not the easiest to play. So, file this under what I've NOT purchased in the last 48 hours.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread for April 7, 2024

OS I envy you for the trip you’re taking. Australia and New Zealand are two locations on this earth that I’d love to visit, but I’ve just lost the desire to travel. Now days, if I can’t drive the car or ride the bike to experience something I’m just not going. Just getting too old I guess.

Should be a beautiful, sunny 50° day here so looking forward to getting out for our usual Sunday morning breakfast with friends. Hope all have a great day!

Sounds like a dream trip, for sure. Weather here is going to get better this week (so they say). Almost time to put the summer tires back on the vehicles. May actually hae a slow work week - that's OK. It's been crazy lately and I could use a small reprieve. Hope everybodfy has a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I'm 3 weeks into pneumonia over here. Spent 3 days in the hospital last week and now just barely climbing my way out of it. Haven't even picked up my guitar in over 6 weeks! Ugh!

Saw a killer little MIM Strat, Surf Green, single play white guard, maple neck, in the classifieds and contacted the guy twice, but no response. Maybe it's just as well. Unless another project comes up, or something, I'm not sure how much longer I'm even going to keep playing. But I've always wanted to own a Surf Green Strat!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

yesterday my back yard was completely white today all the snow is completely gone. I managed to get through the storm without lifting a single shovel of snow my back is so happy. I have an appointment this week up in the mountains, it is on the last day I can drive my car under the old inspection sticker. I have an appointment on the 22nd to repair the bumper that keeps it from passing inspection, hopefully the parts are available. 12 days without a car is a pretty long time. Normally I'd be able to walk to the grocery store for light items as I need them not so much now. Will have to plan on asking brother for ride(s), don't want to use Uber unless I absolutely have to.

Put an amp up for sale, will have to suspend the ads on Wednesday because I won't be able to meet until after the 22nd. Got the usual "Is it still available" responses that I ignore.

Now to work on some other stuff and prep for sale. The work bench is clear and available.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well yesterday was productive. Paid bills through the mid of the month, Filed my Fed and State taxes (ouch on both this year), and mowed 90% of the yard on the rider (about 10% you have to use a push mower due to inclines). Took a top down drive and consulted the local music store (also wished the owner a Happy BDay). Caught the 1st game of the final 4 to finish it out.

Today had a slower start. Did church from home, started doing some organization in my office/music room (it's getting out of control). Reviewed the setlist for next weekend (on bass) and will run through it later (got a song in Db so the 5 string Dingwall comes out). Need to fill up the truck though I'm taking the Mini drop top on Monday (I hate gas runs in the middle of a work week). Already got the eclipse glasses in my work bag as we will be in the 98% path of totality.

Think I am going to order 2 more guitar wall hangers, move some art to allow for them, as well as order a new floor stand for my acoustics. The current one is too closely spaced. It will get repurposed some how or sold.

My bass fly rig has gotten zero attention for 4+ months on Reverb, so thinking about just parting it out. Any bass players looking for a Tech 21 bass fly rig? I have one on a Temple Audio board (with case) with an Astronometer II reverb pedal, 2 expression pedals and all powered by a Voodoo Labs ps.
    Mark