Thread: Fender Strat value

Forum Member

Fender Strat value

Hi first post on here. Not sure if i can post this question here so let me know if i need to go elsewhere. Basically i'm trying to find the rough value for a Fender Strat that i have for sale and i thought the Fender Forum would be the perfect place, unless there's website you can link me to. Am i ok to post this question in this forum before i continue? Thanks

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: Fender Strat value

Identity you country on manufacture, the year and the model.
    Then to to reverb.com and search for sold listings of matching items.
    Mark

What Mark said. There are several serial number lookup sites, but their reliabiity isn't always the greatest. I'd start with the official Fender serial number lookup:

https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/

And just because Fender like to be confusing, they also have this one:

https://support.fender.com/en-US/serialsearch/

Not affiliated with Fender, you can also try this one:

https://fenderserialnumberlookup.com/

There's a good chance you'll get contradictory information. Sorry, but Fender's serialization took a mad hit when CBS acquired them. However, it should give you some clue.

If you really want to be thorough, remove the neck and check the serial number on it, too. Don't expect the neck and body serial numbers to match, but they should date fairly closely, and can tell you if you have a true Strat neck, or if it's been replaced.

Lastly, if you can post photos here (check the tutorials if you need to know how). A lot of the guys here are pretty good at eyeballing a guitar and will tell you if anything looks "off."

Good luck!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Yeppers what he said.
    Once you determine exactly what you have (there’s been thousands of Strat models), use Reverb for sold listings. Not current for sales.

To quote the great theologian, Glenn Patton (my dad); something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
    Last edited by blackonblack; 03-13-2024 at 06:08 AM.
    Mark

Forum Member

Thanks all for the responses I'll check out all the links and see what i find. Out of interest i tried the search on fender official site and it found nothing but i did find it on here fenderserialnumberlookup.com. Thanks again

Check the pot codes. Then go to Reverb.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim